Thread: Problems with push

bradley8424 is offline Member

Default Problems with push

I'm having a lot of problems with push email not working. It seems like it doesn't work when I'm in the office (on WiFi) but it works just fine when I'm on the road or at home (on WiFi). According to Zimbra push does not work over WiFi for the iPhone, only for the iPod touch, so the WiFi shouldn't make a difference but it seems like it does.

Push is not working at all for some users. I've verified that the settings on their phones are correct. We are all on AT&T, with a combination of iPhones and iPhone 3Gs. Talking to Zimbra support has led me nowhere. They said that the push feature is controlled by AT&T so I should talk to them. I feel like that would be a waste of time because AT&T would have no idea what I was talking about and tell me to talk to Zimbra.

Is there some obscure setting I am missing on the phone? Or is there something I can change on the server? Or is it just that push is poorly implemented and I need to figure out some kind of workaround?

uxbod is offline Moderator

I have a iPhone 3G on O2 in the UK which works fine ... Have you tried deleting the Exchange profile on the iPhone and re-creating it ?

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    I have a iPhone 3G on O2 in the UK which works fine ... Have you tried deleting the Exchange profile on the iPhone and re-creating it ?
    My iPhone 3G works mostly fine. It is others that are having most of the problems. I have deleted the Exchange profile and re-created it several times with the same results.

uxbod is offline Moderator

Have a look through /opt/zimbra/log for any error messages, for those users, pertaining to push services.

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    Have a look through /opt/zimbra/log for any error messages, for those users, pertaining to push services.
    I've noticed that there are a lot more entries for me in sync.log than for users who are reporting problems, even though I get significantly fewer emails than they do.

Thread Information