Thread: Hostname vs email domain?

BigBirdy is offline Banned

Default Hostname vs email domain?

Just installed ZSC on a CentOS 5x, x64 machine for eval. Installed fine. However, I have a couple questions about configuration. First, mail to my domain (domain.com), and corresponding mx records (mx1.domain.com) point elsewhere and so will be relaying to the zcs host. Lets call that server remote.mailserver.com.

1: The hostname of the zcs server is something like server.domain.com and so the email accounts show as user@server.domain.com when the should be user@domain.com. Do I need to re-install/re-configure but with the hostname "domain.com" instead of server.domain.com?

2: I have entered in the "Inbound SMTP Host Name" field, the external mail relay, remote.mailserver.com. However, mail still seems to be getting rejected with "Relay Access Denied" although the hostname has been added to the Inbound SMTP Host Name field? Is there somewhere else that external relays need to be entered?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

If you're behind a NAT router you'll need a Split DNS set-up. WHen you've done that the easiest method of fixing your domain name 'problem' is to uninstall Zimbra with
    Code:
    ./install.sh -u
    After that you can install Zimbra again and when you get to the final steps (before you hit apply) it will ask if you wnat to change the Domain Name (it will show your domain name as server.domain.com i.e. the FQDN of the server), answer yes to that question and make the change the setting to your correct domain.com - assuming your LAN DNS records are correctly set, that should give you the settings you need.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information