Thread: How to get send and recevie mail count per day

chandu is offline Elite Member

Default How to get send and recevie mail count per day

Hi,

Can we get below details from zimbra ?

1. Count of mails in each mbox
    2. count of mails sent per day per user
    3. Count of mails recd per day per user

I have seen the information which is getting stored in /opt/zimbra/zmstat....there i can get the count of imap and pop3 and other good information...but can we get above information...
    is there any command to get such info ....

Please suggest.

Thanks

uxbod is offline Moderator

Well you can get the number of emails in a mailbox by using zmmailbox and for the number of emails sent and received why not use one of the numerous postfix log parses that are available via search ?

Hi Uxbod,

Thanks for your reply. zmmailbox is really good command...

For per day per user report, i will try to fetch data from logs by using some script n will update..thanks for suggestion.

i also wanted to get report for zimbra web interface ..number of hits and its bandwidth utilization...i am able to get very good information by using /opt/zimbra/jetty-6.1.5/logs/access.logs ..i used webalizer tool to get this on one page. and its good...but i want to dig it more.. My requirements are as below :

1. Can we get details from any logs that how many users logged in with Advanced (Ajax) profile and how many users logged in with standard ( HTML) profile ?

2. How can i get email traffic ( including outlook ( pop3 /imap )and zwc traffic ) per hour bases...i know network team is correct team to get this information..but i trust that u guys can suggest some of the good way to get this info..it will be great if u suggest any way for this..

3. can we maintain a log of e-mail box size growth (actual ) on a per domain basis? is there any command to get total actual size info per domain base ?

I am a bit confuse that how zimbra utilize the server's PHYSICAL disk ...as i have two domain right now and for 1 domain total users are around 700 and another domain contain 1500 users and all of them having 100 MB disk space per user..so logically 1500+700=2200 * 100 = 22000 MB = 214 GB but my /opt/zimbra folder is utilizing 13 GB PHYSICAL DISK right now which is mounted to storage....As per document mailbox server storing the all mail communication to store volume and meta data storing to db volume...but when we assign 100 MB quota to user mailbox to newly created email address then from where it get assign ?? i m a bit confuse here..pls help to understand this.

Please suggest...thanks
    Last edited by chandu; 05-03-2009 at 08:17 AM. Reason: i just wanted to explain my doubt in correct words ..thanks

iway is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

Well, if you allocate 100MB to a user's mailbox, that doesn't actually fill your disk. It only consumes disk space when there are messages in the user's mailbox using that space.

thanks interways for your reply...
    so as per this, whenever we create any new email ID and assign quota..it wont physically get assign that time..it will be logical...but it will get utilized physically once user starts sending and receving mails in their mailbox and as per this utlization it will keep increase physical disk..but if few memebers download their mailbox from server to ocal disk then server's physical disk utilized space will get decrease...am i right or going in wrong direction ??

thanks

uxbod is offline Moderator

If they download to their local machine, and the emails are purged from their ZCS mailbox then the amount of server physical used space will reduce.

jeyachandran is offline Starter Member

Default Zmmailbox command

Hi Chandu,

How i can use zmmailbox command to get per day user report like sent & received mails

Quote Originally Posted by chandu View Post
    Hi Uxbod,

Thanks for your reply. zmmailbox is really good command...

For per day per user report, i will try to fetch data from logs by using some script n will update..thanks for suggestion.

i also wanted to get report for zimbra web interface ..number of hits and its bandwidth utilization...i am able to get very good information by using /opt/zimbra/jetty-6.1.5/logs/access.logs ..i used webalizer tool to get this on one page. and its good...but i want to dig it more.. My requirements are as below :

1. Can we get details from any logs that how many users logged in with Advanced (Ajax) profile and how many users logged in with standard ( HTML) profile ?

2. How can i get email traffic ( including outlook ( pop3 /imap )and zwc traffic ) per hour bases...i know network team is correct team to get this information..but i trust that u guys can suggest some of the good way to get this info..it will be great if u suggest any way for this..

3. can we maintain a log of e-mail box size growth (actual ) on a per domain basis? is there any command to get total actual size info per domain base ?

I am a bit confuse that how zimbra utilize the server's PHYSICAL disk ...as i have two domain right now and for 1 domain total users are around 700 and another domain contain 1500 users and all of them having 100 MB disk space per user..so logically 1500+700=2200 * 100 = 22000 MB = 214 GB but my /opt/zimbra folder is utilizing 13 GB PHYSICAL DISK right now which is mounted to storage....As per document mailbox server storing the all mail communication to store volume and meta data storing to db volume...but when we assign 100 MB quota to user mailbox to newly created email address then from where it get assign ?? i m a bit confuse here..pls help to understand this.

Please suggest...thanks

Thread Information