Thread: Selecting Distribution Lists when scheduling a calendar meeting

cmccormick is offline Junior Member

Default Selecting Distribution Lists when scheduling a calendar meeting

This is going to be tricky to explain. We are currently in Beta testing mode prior to going to production this summer. We are using Active Directory for both GAL lookups, as well as for authentication. This has worked very well with the mail portion of Zimbra, however, I am running into issues with the calendar portion. Specifically, has anyone been able to have groups that are defined in Active Directory expand so that when you select the group for a meeting, it can schedule meetings for the individuals in that group rather than having to selecting each group member separately? At some admins' advice, I created an internal Distribution List for a test group. That didn't work either. Then I configuring the GAL for both internal and external AD lookup, but when I tried to create a meeting and select a Distribution List that I created in the internal directory, nothing displays in the search. If I manually type the name of the Distribution List and just go ahead and schedule the meeting, it will put the calendar on the individuals calendars, but I have no idea if I've selected the correct people for the meeting since it doesn't tell me who's on the list I just typed.

We are running zcs-NETWORK-5.0.13_GA_2791.SLES10_64.20090206110511. If anyone has any experience, or suggestions, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance!

tonster is offline Zimbra Employee

This isn't currently available, and unfortunately isn't looking like it will make it into ZCS 6.0 this summer, which means it will probably not be included until ZCS 6.5/7.0. I believe what you're looking for is Bug 7554.

Bug 7554 – Cannot view distribution list members when composing message

cmccormick is offline Junior Member

Default Calendar distribution lists

So, since I'm using AD, I will need to create a duplicate copy of all distribution lists in the Zimbra admin. console in order to schedule those individual's calendars? Is that correct? Then I have to know for sure who's in that distribution list prior to scheduling those people since I have no way of expanding the list from within calendar? Is there a way, from as a user to see the members of any distribution list?

Thanks for responding and pointing me to the correct bug.

Thread Information