Thread: [SOLVED] clamd stopping and not restarting after anti-virus prefs changed

jml75 is offline Loyal Member

Default [SOLVED] clamd stopping and not restarting after anti-virus prefs changed

Hi,

I have a zimbra installation running on a debian 3.1 server.

When I go in the admin UI and change something in the anti-virus settings, for example if I remove the check mark at "Send notification to recipient" and save changes, the clamd daemon stops and I have to restart it manually. The problem is that when it is stopped, all mail is being help as defered by amavisd. As soon as I start it manually, emails are starting to flow again.

Did any one had this issue before?

I haven't seen any thing special in the logs about this.

Thanx!

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Does this happen every time? If so seems like a bug, if you can enter the full reproduce steps into bugzilla that would help. Thanks
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

rwc101010 is offline Active Member

Default Also Experiencing This Issue . . .

I've also noticed this bug on CentOS 4.4 running ZCS 4.5 NE and OS edition.

Also of note, when the "Send notification to recipient" option is unchecked, "VIRUS (HTML.Phishing.*" alerts appear to still be sent to recipients, and "Daily mail reports" are no longer received by the admin account with this function disabled.

Upon turning "Send notification to recipient" back on, the AV service on the MTA once again fails and requires a manual start.

I'm waiting to see if the Daily mail reports resume with this option re-enabled.

Bug 14054 Submitted for the reproducible ClamAV failure . . . will open a separate bug for the inconsistent behavior of daily mail reports and virus notifications once I've done some additional research.
    Last edited by rwc101010; 01-24-2007 at 02:54 PM. Reason: added bug number

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

Sorry

I can't reproduce.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabetenor View Post
    Sorry

I can't reproduce.
    Which item(s) . . . the AV failure, the partially disabled notifications, or the lack of daily mail reports (though I think the daily mail report may be an unrelated coincidence based on further examination).

What config are you testing on?

More detailed information on this bug is contained on the bug report.

Default On the Daily Mail Report front . . .

The report generation issue appears to be an unrelated problem . . . on one install (4.5 OS), the daily mail report was generated, and then marked as SPAM by the mail filters . . . and dealt with accordingly. This was easily fixed by adding the zimbra@ address to the address book of the admin@ user, and marking the mis-directed mail as "Not Spam".

On the other system (4.5 NE), the report fails to generate (as far as I can tell). Anybody have tips on which module generates this report?

Thread Information