Thread: deferred mail and spam

dotslashroot is offline Intermediate Member

Default deferred mail and spam

Hello, I just upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1 on FC4 with no errors or problems. The only thing I see is I had to run the ssh key commands to get the queue monitor to work. My question is this. I see email being deferred. It is all mail I sent to the same person outside the network. It gives no reason in the gui why it is defered. I tried to flush them and it still is deferred. I used to be able to send him mail. His mail server is up and functioning properly. The reverse lookup using 'host <ip>' resolves properly to my mail server. Any ideas?

Also, is there a way to view the messages that are being filtered out as spam as the admin? I want to be able to see the messages and keep track of how it's working etc. How can I view them without logging in as each individual user?

Thanks for your help!

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Check /var/log/zimbra.log
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

I don't see anything that looks like an error sending the mail. The only weird thing I see is this:

May 4 04:02:31 dotslashroot postfix/smtpd[22653]: initializing the server-side TLS engine
    May 4 04:02:31 dotslashroot postfix/smtpd[22653]: connect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    May 4 04:02:32 dotslashroot postfix/trivial-rewrite[22543]: warning: do not list domain dotslashroot.net in BOTH mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domains
    May 4 04:02:32 dotslashroot postfix/trivial-rewrite[22543]: warning: do not list domain dotslashroot.net in BOTH mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domains

Still no answer as to why it is deferred. Thanks for your help.

Did you edit any of the postfix config manually? If not post the entire log of your test. Might be something missing that you trimmed out.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

I didn't edit anything manually. I found the deferred problem. My server got put on CBL because of the localhost.localdomain header we were talking about in my other post. I delisted the IP on their web site. How do I get rid of that part of the header so we do not get listed again? Also, what does the error message I posted above mean? Do I need to change something? Thanks!

I edited the header_checks file and added:

#Dropping private headers
    #/^Header: IfContains/ IGNORE
    /^Received: from localhost/ IGNORE
    /^Received: 127.0.0.1 .*/ IGNORE
    /^User-Agent:/ IGNORE
    /^X-Mailer:/ IGNORE
    /^X-Originating-IP:/ IGNORE

Nothing changed. It isn't using this file the way it looks. I changed main.cf and pointed it to this file and when I restarted Zimbra is changed it back to the original line:

header_checks = pcre:/opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_header_checks

There is no postfix_header_checks file. There is a header_checks file so I changed main.cf to pont to that file and zimbra changed it back when I started it. How can I get this to work so I can clean up our headers? Thanks!

Still not sure you need this but there should be a template file that is generated for main.cf. Just having localhost in your header should trigger a listing unless your a source of spam etc.

Or even easier just create this file:

/opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_header_checks

ok when I used vi for that file it was there...must have been hidden. It has an if statement for blocking exe and mp3 attachments. The commands I have do not work. Is there a sample file I can use somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by dotslashroot
    ok when I used vi for that file it was there...must have been hidden. It has an if statement for blocking exe and mp3 attachments. The commands I have do not work. Is there a sample file I can use somewhere?

Not that I know of. It's not something we've need to do before.

Thread Information