Thread: [SOLVED] Expired SSL from Godaddy cannot reinstall

chrisp8756 is offline Senior Member

Default [SOLVED] Expired SSL from Godaddy cannot reinstall

Hello my ssl cert expired today and I'm trying to reinstall my ssl cert that I purchased today. The first time I install my ssl it was a piece of cake. I don't understand why the renewl is so difficult.

When I try and reinstall I get this error message:
    "Unmatching certificate (/opt/zimbra/mailboxd/webapps/zimbraAdmin/tmp/current.crt) and private key (/opt/zimbra/mailboxd/webapps/zimbraAdmin/tmp/current_comm.key) pair."

I have also gotten this error -

" Your certificate was not installed due to the error : system failure: XXXXX ERROR: Invalid Certificate Chain: /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/webapps/zimbraAdmin/tmp/current.crt: /O=mail.priamosdomainhosting.info/OU=Domain Control Validated/CN=mail.priamosdomainhosting.info Message: Your certificate was not installed due to the error : system failure: XXXXX ERROR: Invalid Certificate Chain: /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/webapps/zimbraAdmin/tmp/current.crt: /O=mail.priamosdomainhosting.info/OU=Domain Control Validated/CN=mail.priamosdomainhosting.info Error code: ZaCertWizard..."

I have four files that Godaddy sent me in a zip file:
    mail.mydomainname.info.crt
    sf_bundle.crt
    sf_cross_intermediate.crt
    sf_intermediate.crt

And no matter which one I try It continues to give me the same error message. Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by chrisp8756; 03-12-2009 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Adding more information
    Chris Priamos
    Olympic Global Technologies
    http://www.olympicglobal.com

uxbod is offline Moderator

Have you tried following this :- Wiki :: Installing a commercial GoDaddy SSL Certificate ?

Default I will try that article

Ok I have looked at that article but I already have a certificate installed. The certificate has expired and I'm trying to renew the certificate. So I guess that is really my question is how do I replace the existing certificate?
    Last edited by chrisp8756; 03-13-2009 at 10:43 AM.
    Chris Priamos

Default Making progress

Ok I know which files I need now thanks to that article But where I'm confused is I already have a certificate that is expired. When I go through the process in the admin GUI this is the error message I receive.

" Your certificate was not installed due to the error : system failure: XXXXX ERROR: Invalid Certificate: /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.crt: /O=mail.priamosdomainhosting.info/OU=Domain Control Validated/CN=mail.priamosdomainhosting.info Message: Your certificate was not installed due to the error : system failure: XXXXX ERROR: Invalid Certificate: /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.crt: /O=mail.priamosdomainhosting.info/OU=Domain Control Validated/CN=mail.priamosdomainhosting.info Error code: ZaCertWizard.prototype.ins..."

When I follow the instructions for the command line - If I go to /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial there is already files in there which are commercial_ca.crt, commercial.crt, commerical.csr,commercial.key.

So now what do I do?
    Last edited by chrisp8756; 03-13-2009 at 11:04 AM.
    Chris Priamos

Default Stuck -- help please

When I try to install cert from command line this is the error I receive:

/opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr verifycrt comm /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial.key /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.crt /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial_ca.crt
    ** Verifying /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.crt against /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial.key
    Certificate (/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.crt) and private key (/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial.key) match.
    XXXXX ERROR: Invalid Certificate: /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.crt: /O=mail.priamosdomainhosting.info/OU=Domain Control Validated/CN=mail.priamosdomainhosting.info
    error 20 at 0 depth lookup:unable to get local issuer certificate

I don't know what to do? Any help would be appreciated.
    Chris Priamos

JoshuaPrismon is offline Zimlet Guru & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp8756 View Post
    When I try to install cert from command line this is the error I receive:

/opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr verifycrt comm /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial.key /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.crt /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial_ca.crt
    ** Verifying /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.crt against /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial.key
    Certificate (/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.crt) and private key (/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial.key) match.
    XXXXX ERROR: Invalid Certificate: /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.crt: /O=mail.priamosdomainhosting.info/OU=Domain Control Validated/CN=mail.priamosdomainhosting.info
    error 20 at 0 depth lookup:unable to get local issuer certificate

I don't know what to do? Any help would be appreciated.
    Use the GUI tool, and make sure that you install the intermediate certificate as well.

Default Tried both

I've tried it from the command line and from the gui and I get errors which are documented above in my previous threads. When I try it the GUI I get "Your certificate was not installed due to the error : system failure: XXXXX ERROR: Invalid Certificate Chain: /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/webapps/zimbraAdmin/tmp/current.crt: /C=US/ST=Arizona/L=Scottsdale/O=Starfield Technologies, Inc./OU=http://certificates.starfieldtech.com/repository/CN=Starfield Secure Certification Authority/serialNumber=10688435"

I'm using
    mail.priamosdomainhosting.info.crt
    sf_intermediate.crt
    sfsroot.crt

And it gives me the error above. But if I run a self generated CSR and install it, it works just fine. Its like Zimbra doesn't like Godaddy Certs. Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by chrisp8756; 03-15-2009 at 11:20 PM.
    Chris Priamos

Default Got it

I found this in forums which worked for me --
    Clicking "All servers" worked for me with the following files for me. Go figure.

server.crt
    gd-class2-root.crt
    gd_cross_intermediate.crt
    gd_intermediate_bundle.crt

The problem was I was only selecting my server and not all servers. Live, read,research & learn
    Chris Priamos

Thread Information