Thread: Free-busy interop with Meeting Maker

ewilen is offline Moderator

Default Free-busy interop with Meeting Maker

In order to support an evaluation/test install of Zimbra, I would like to provide some method for interoperation with Meeting Maker.

According to Interop - Are you free or busy? (duplicated at Are you free or busy? » Zimbra :: Blog), there's a method of doing freeb-busy interop with Meeting Maker. Howeve the documentation focuses on Exchange. Does anyone have any tips/examples on setting it up with MM 8.7?

I'd also appreciate any tips/best practices for sending invitations between MM and Zimbra; I'd have thought that MM's method of sending attachments to non-MM invitees would be readable by ZWC, but it didn't work for me on the first go-round. Not sure about the other direction.

Thanks in advance!

msallee is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ewilen View Post
    In order to support an evaluation/test install of Zimbra, I would like to provide some method for interoperation with Meeting Maker.

According to Interop - Are you free or busy? (duplicated at Are you free or busy? » Zimbra :: Blog), there's a method of doing freeb-busy interop with Meeting Maker. Howeve the documentation focuses on Exchange. Does anyone have any tips/examples on setting it up with MM 8.7?

I'd also appreciate any tips/best practices for sending invitations between MM and Zimbra; I'd have thought that MM's method of sending attachments to non-MM invitees would be readable by ZWC, but it didn't work for me on the first go-round. Not sure about the other direction.

Thanks in advance!
    I am also interested in more information on how to sync free/busy information from Meeting Maker to Zimbra. I'm glad to write up docs if someone will share how they got it to work. I wonder if there could be something used similar to the Exchange connection:

# zmprov mcf zimbraFreebusyExchangeAuthUsername zimbra
    # zmprov mcf zimbraFreebusyExchangeAuthPassword changeme
    # zmprov mcf zimbraFreebusyExchangeAuthScheme basic
    # zmprov mcf zimbraFreebusyExchangeURL http://exchange.mycompany.com

but this is just a guess. Anyone?

fhouston is offline Active Member

Did anyone ever figure this out? We are going through this process right now and this would be helpful information.

msallee is offline Intermediate Member

Last I heard (as of April 2010), Meeting Maker was still dragging their feet on implementing the CalDAV compatibilty feature. But it still may happen.

Mark

MM CalDAV compatibility is something else entirely from Zimbra free-busy interop.

fhouston is offline Active Member

Has anyone used NotifyLink or NotifySync to help w/ this interop? I'll admit up front I don't know much about this product myself but I know the MM server we are trying to integrate w/ uses this to sync w/ mobile devices, I also noticed Zimbra can use it as well, so I didn't know if this could act as some sort of gateway mechanism. I just found out about this yesterday so I haven't really had a chance to look into it much yet.

Well, I've gotten off the MM train a while ago.

I believe that MM has introduced some ability to publish calendars read-only via CalDAV. NotifyLink/Sync may independently offer this, perhaps with better features.

So what I can suggest is that if you can't get zimbra's free-busy interop working with MM, you might at least use Zimbra to subscribe to a MM calendar. You do this by creating a new calendar in the Zimbra web interface, then in the Create New Calendar dialog, you check "Synchronize appointments from remote calendar" and enter the URL of the remote calendar.

Thread Information