Thread: [SOLVED] Recommended Documents setup

captainmish is offline Loyal Member

Default [SOLVED] Recommended Documents setup

Hello
    I am trying to set up a wiki-ish system on our zimbra install, where there is a single shared notebook and everyone can edit/change etc - this will be used for common information like numbers, forms etc.
    I have set up the domain documents in the admin gui, and left the default "everyone in the domain full access" to them, using the admin@domain user.

I expected to have this appear in the users documents tab, but it did not, so I have tried 2 other options, one with zmprov to create the document mount (as "wiki") and another with right-click on users documents, and link to shared notebook (this was then called "Admin's notebook").

As the user that just mapped this, I created a "home" page in the shared notebook, which saved fine. Then trying to link to other pages from this becomes difficult (maybe its a bug with the wysiwyg editor's "insert link" function) - If I add "anotherpage" from "Admin's Notebook"), it makes a link like [[//Admin's notebook/anotherpage]]. This links to http://domain.com/home/admin@domain/Admin's notebook/anotherpage - which does not exist, so Im given the chance to edit it, but not save what Ive done.

I guess the way around this is to have the "mount" name the same as the actual name of the notebook. Has anyone got a nice method of creating a single shared doc repo? Any hints appreciated!

quietas is offline Elite Member

I'd be interested in this as well. An easy to use option like this would be great, even better if you can specify groups to get what shares. I think this is coming with the share management in 6.0 though?
    Culley
    Mail | Dell 2950III | 2x Quad Core 5420 | 8gb RAM | 6x 146gb SAS RAID 0+1 | Red Hat 5.3 | Zimbra 6.0.10 Network Edition
    Test | VMware ESXi Whitebox | Phenom II Black 3.2ghz | 12gb RAM | 6x 1tb SATA RAID 0+1 | CentOS 5.4 | FOSS, Not in use now

Bill Brock is offline Outstanding Member

Default I setup an account....

called Documents on my server. Then I shared the documents folder with everyone on the server. There was an invitation sent to the users. After accepting the invitation the Shared Documents folder is automatically mounted in the documents folder of the accepting users.

Accessing the shared documents folder can probably be done through a URL as well. I've not done so but since shared calendars can be accessed this way I am just assuming.

captainmish is offline Loyal Member

Cheers Bill, this is a great idea in theory, but in practice will break with more than "testing" use. Try to add a new document in the shared notebook, in it add a link to another shared document from the shared notebook. I have filed a bug for this with a better description.

Linking to shared documents seems to require a workaround:
    Bug 35992 – Shared documents linked with wysiwyg editor use incorrect URL - using the workaround in this bug, I have managed to get what seems to be a working documents repo. (Users can create, edit and link documents in the shared repo)

Thread Information