Thread: [SOLVED] Bash Script Help

clayway is offline Active Member

Default [SOLVED] Bash Script Help

I know this is not a specific zimbra question, but rather a bash script question involving zimbra.

My company has decided to use a shared email project folder so all team members will have access to the folder.

The script is below and is used to create the shared project folders, assign permissions, and create a default rule for each project number. My problem is the use of long file names in the folder name. I cannot seem to figure out how to escape the spaces in the name and get the script to work. I am just a novice at script writing....so don't kill me over poor script writing habits.

Thanks to all...Zimbra rocks...

#!/bin/bash
    # 2009-03-01 zimbra folder and permissions creation script.
    echo enter job number
    read number

echo enter names who need rights
    read names

function create {
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov sm project.email@example.com gaf

/opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov sm project.email@example.com cf --view conversation /_Projects/$number
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov sm project.email@example.com cf --view conversation /_Projects/$number/AVL
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov sm project.email@example.com cf --view conversation /_Projects/$number/GC
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov sm project.email@example.com cf --view conversation /_Projects/$number/HH
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov sm project.email@example.com cf --view conversation /_Projects/$number/MEP
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov sm project.email@example.com cf --view conversation /_Projects/$number/Structural
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov sm project.email@example.com cf --view conversation /_Projects/$number/Civil
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov sm project.email@example.com cf --view conversation /_Projects/$number/GeoTech
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov sm project.email@example.com cf --view conversation /_Projects/$number/Owner

/opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov sm project.email@example.com gaf
    }

function perms {
    for i in $names
    do
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov sm project.email@example.com mfg /_Projects/$number account $i@example.com rwidxa;
    done

/opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov sm project.email@example.com gfg /_Projects/$number
    }

function rules {
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov sm project.email@example.com afrl -l $number active any header "subject" contains $number fileinto /_Projects/$number
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov sm project.email@example.com gfrl
    }

create
    perms
    rules

exit 0
    Clay

uxbod is offline Moderator

To escape out use a backslash '\' and you can enclose the whole folder within quotes " I believe.

clayway is offline Active Member

Uxbod,

Thanks for the reply. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but not having much success with long file names in the bash script. Guess I will try to stay away from long share names for now.

Thanks again.
    Clay

Thread Information