Thread: multiple mailboxes to be stored in zcs and sending with different external addresses

warrior is offline Member

Red face multiple mailboxes to be stored in zcs and sending with different external addresses

Hi,
    We're migrating from Microsoft Exchange to Zimbra.

Our actual configuration is the following:
    • We have one internal email using Exchange (teamwork.local) and several external mailboxes that we use with POP3/STMP (dom1.com / dom2.com / dom3.com)
    • All our mails (internal and externals) are stored on the Exchange server (server.teamwork.local) so if we open our Exchange mailbox in another machine or via the Exchange Web Client, we'll have all information there.
    • This is the configuration we would like to mirror on Zimbra!
    Right now we have some issues:
    - When we create an internal account (an account at the ZCS), this information gets stored on the ZCS. However we haven't found a way yet to store also external POP3/SMTP accounts onto the ZCS as well
    - Further we would like to have a way to access all our mailboxes also over the WebClient.
    - There is an option at the WebClient to configure external mailboxes to be retrieved. However we would like to get the option to send emails also over these addresses. Let's say I get an email to my account warrior@dom2.com over the Zimbra Web Client, I would like to get the option to reply to this email with my email address warrior@dom2.com as the sender.

I'm confident there is an option to do so. I thank you in advance for your support.

Best regards,
    warrior

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

The feature you require is in the same Preferences tab in the user account, it's called 'Persona'. That will allow the user to set the reply-to and sender for an email. You may need to set the "Allow sending email from any address" option in the Admin UI/COS/Preferences tab.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

warrior is offline Member

Thumbs up

Thanks Bill for the reply.
    I have configured the "Persona", so
    1. I could send an email with the "Reply to" field configured with an external account, in my example warrior@dom2.com .
    2. Since this is configured at the zcs account, this is stored there and not locally at any pc
    However a question still remains and this is:
    • How may I subsitute the "From" field with the "Reply-to" field, since every time I will send an email with the warrior@dom2.com account, I still get the user warrior@teamwork.local visible at the "From" field
    • In some cases this can lead to misleading information, i.e. when a user store this field in their contacts or some user just want to hide its main email account.
    With the subtitution, the solution would be optimal. Any ideas?

Best regards,
    warrior

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    That will allow the user to set the reply-to and sender for an email. You may need to set the "Allow sending email from any address" option in the Admin UI/COS/Preferences tab.
    Use that setting.

It would also make more sense to use your 'proper' domain name on your Zimbra server rather than some odd local domain name, you then won't have this problem.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information