Thread: [SOLVED] Old Appointment Pop-Up Reminder That Won't Die

void is offline Active Member

Default [SOLVED] Old Appointment Pop-Up Reminder That Won't Die

Not entirely sure if anybody has seen this but my searches on the forum are coming up with too many false positives and un-answered posts to be helpful.

I use Zimbra Desktop 1.0 (it updates itself, so whatever is latest right now) with my server on (Release 5.0.12_GA_2789.RHEL5_20090126021651 CentOS5 NETWORK edition) which I plan to up to .13 tonight.

Anyway, I had a dentist appointment and a few meetings about 2 weeks ago, and since they have passed EVERY TIME I open Zimbra Desktop, without fail, I get a pop-up telling me that my dentist appointment is over due.

I always click Dismiss on it, and it will go away for the rest of the day until I shut down my computer and start up tomorrow and fire up Zdesktop again. Blam! Those two appointments pop-up again.

To get rid of them, I had to just go to my calendar and erase them from existence which bothers me because I now have no history of what my appointments were should I need to refer back to them.

Anybody know why Zimbra seems to fall in love with certain appointments and never consider them over, even after weeks of hitting Dismiss? All my other appointments never come back after I dismiss them... just these two... very weird.

This has not yet been reported as a widespread issue but I have about 50 users on here so I want to solve this before more people come to me with dead appointments that pester from beyond the grave.

iway is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

I have exactly the same issue here on one install. On the other, it is fine.

It sucks but it looks like I might have to use up one of my paid version support tickets to get an answer to this, even though it looks like other people have the same issue.

This thread seems doomed to be another one for the list of people with this issue that never gets answered.

<insert sad violin music here>

nolamike is offline Intermediate Member

Same issue with one of my users here. Do post if you get a solution; I will do the same.

<sad violins overlaid with quiet trumpet notes suggesting optimism>

UPDATE: For the record, I'm seeing the issue with Zimbra Desktop RC1 and 5.0.12 NE.
    Last edited by nolamike; 02-23-2009 at 05:47 PM.

I have a farm of three Zimbra servers. The commercial one is the only one that constantly pops up the Reminder window for appointments that are old.

I notice that it seems to get worse when I check in from the road with the web interface. Then at work I use Zimbra Desktop and it pops up older reminders, but usually different ones. If I go home and run the ZDesktop I get tons of pop-ups for different, ones.

It seems like it is totally random.

Then, on my opensource versions, I never have this issue at all. They are running .13 and have just as many users (about 45 per server).

All I can guess at is that these appointments are being flagged wrong when they are dismissed. There must be some kind of database inconsistency when various clients used to access Zimbra read the appointments from the calendar and remind you about pending / past due events.

Think maybe if enough of us yell at them we could get them to fix it?

We get what we pay for with the free version, but I just wrote a check for well over a grand for this, so maybe I feel justified in being pushy for an answer here.

tbeetz is offline Junior Member

same problem here and I am getting really annoyed with lot's of reminders popping up over and over again.

even after they cease to appear on the Zimbra Desktop, some will still appear when I log into our University web client.

mek1 is offline Loyal Member

We have NE here and this also occurs for numerous users both in web-mail and Zimbra Desktop 1.0 build 1510.

This weekend I had the pleasure of being reminded that I had to take my cat to the vet every time I opened Zimbra. That appointment was weeks ago but the dismiss button appears to have no effect. Still.

If you too are having this issue, post it here.

Bug 33892 &ndash; Reminders appear in ZD even after dismissing (upon restart of client)

I went and opened a support request to use one of my commercial support tickets, and there is a ticket open on this already. Looks like we only have to wait until the next version is pushed. Yay!

sdrury is offline Special Member

I believe that ZCS 5.0.14 fixes this sync issue.

Reminders keep coming up after being dismissed

Thread Information