Thread: Zimbra, Windows Mobile, lots of folders and message rules, and IMAP

bjquinn is offline Advanced Member

Default Zimbra, Windows Mobile, lots of folders and message rules, and IMAP

I have a user who has two desktops and two laptops and wants to keep all the mail in sync, but has been using POP3 for years and I'm just now talking him out of it (and into IMAP). He uses Outlook Express (seriously!) and of course it can't handle message rules/filters for IMAP accounts. That's ok, because it seems that messages filters added in the web client work in the background even when the web client isn't logged in, so I can just add all the message filters to the server (I'm right about that, aren't I?).

All is well except for his stupid Windows Mobile 6.1 cell phone. The problem is that he wants to use all those message rules to split out his email into lots of different folders for the desktop clients, but wants to see the past 5 days of email (regardless of folder) in his "Inbox" on his cell phone. I can actually create a saved search that shows that and serve it up through IMAP and get the WM6.1 device to see that folder (and some, but not all of the messages contained in it), but I can't unsubscribe to the true Inbox folder (which I don't want to see on the cell phone) so I can instead use the saved search as my "Inbox".

Or I could go the POP3 route and just log in as username{folder:"Mobile Inbox"} but then the cell phone won't save sent emails back to the IMAP server or move things into the Trash.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Could I somehow log in to Zimbra and force it to send the cell phone back a different folder as the top-level IMAP folder (the equivalent of creating a "Cell Phone" folder with an "Inbox" subfolder and logging in as username{top-level-folder:"Cell Phone"} through IMAP or something)?

bjquinn is offline Advanced Member

Is there any way to specify to Zimbra which IMAP folder you want as your top-level folder when you log in?

uxbod is offline Moderator

Unfortunately not and I could not see a RFE at Bugzilla Main Page so please feel free to raise one for people to vote for.

Thread Information