Thread: Configuring Secondary Master Mail Server using zimbra

sujithmk is offline Active Member

Default Configuring Secondary Master Mail Server using zimbra

Hello,

I am running Zimbra OSE for last 1 year with more than 450 accounts and its been great to work with Zimbra .

Now I am planning to have a secondary mail server configured with zimbra which can act as a failover of primary. Few of my requirements are

1) All users account password have a 90 days expiry and so when a secondary is configured I would like to have a daily sync for user passwords.

2) All accounts data should be sync'ed every 6 hours (I got a solution to use imapsync. I tested it and it work fine, if any better solution let me know)

So my primary concern is on first problem. I would appreciate any help in this as I need to configure secondary mail server to save any downtime for my email users.

For the first problem I tried steps Using_LDAP . It didnt function as intended as both servers have different hostname.

Looking forward for your reply....

New Year Wishes

Regards
    Sujith

Quote Originally Posted by sujithmk View Post
    1) All users account password have a 90 days expiry and so when a secondary is configured I would like to have a daily sync for user passwords.
    I found a solution to setup Master/Slave LDAP using zimbra. It helps to have the users accounts on both master and slave server from admin panel.

But some issues I have is

1) When I configure a POP account in any email client using slave zimbra server, it shows an error saying we cannot use slave and we need to use master
    2) Similarly, while loading the webmail for slave slave.server.com on browser and login with email account, it redirects to master webmail server.

So what I require is that if master is down I cant get slave to run webmail service....

Is some thing am doing wrong or my concept is wrong ...

I would appreciate suggestion on this.... I want to have a fail over for master server .. please help.....

Regards
    Sujith

uxbod is offline Moderator

You would certainly need to promote the secondary to master in a failure situation :- Wiki :: Promoting Replica to LDAP Master

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    You would certainly need to promote the secondary to master in a failure situation :- Wiki :: Promoting Replica to LDAP Master
    Thanks for the Info ... I tested it and admin control panel after converting from Slave to Master works fine. But, when I load the webmail using current Master webmail URL it redirects to old Master server webmail after authentication. Is there some steps am mising. Is there any more configuration values to be changed ?

Please help me !!!

Sujith

Can some one please help me with my previous query ...I desperately need a solution to setup my Master/Slave Zimbra ...

The authentication problem exists with POP Service as well ..... It gives the error as

-ERR operation sent to wrong host (you want 'master.server.com') (PASS ****)
    Thanks

Regards
    Sujith
    Last edited by sujithmk; 01-09-2009 at 02:34 AM.

Thread Information