Thread: Editing an existing certificate.

starcenterlr Guest

Default Editing an existing certificate.

Is it possible to edit an existing certificate in Zimbra? Specifically, I need to make sure the issuer CN is identical to the subject CN.

Is there anyway to do this without creating an entirely new certificate?

Code:
    issuer= /C=US/ST=N/A/L=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Suite/OU=Zimbra Collaboration Suite/CN=zimbramail.star.lan
    Needs to be changed to:

Code:
    issuer= /C=US/ST=N/A/L=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Suite/OU=Zimbra Collaboration Suite/CN=currentmailserver.star.lan

starcenterlr Guest

I'm essentially just trying to prevent browsers and clients from barking about the certificate coming from one source, but being named another.

I'd like to do this without reimplementing an entirely new certificate.

chauvetp is offline Elite Member

I'm almost positive there is no way of editing a certificate without regenerating one.

starcenterlr Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chauvetp View Post
    I'm almost positive there is no way of editing a certificate without regenerating one.
    Thanks for the reply, Chauvetp.

Any idea what the best (and more importantly, safe) way to generate and deploy a new ticket?

starcenterlr Guest

I found this link:

How to create new CA on Zimbra 5.0 . | STORY of AODDY.

As far as certificates go, should my creation and deployment of a new certificate fail, what is the best way to restore the previous certificate?

Is it as simple as restoring a backup of the /opt/zimbra/ssl/ folder?

nufan is offline Senior Member

Is using the web admin console not a valid way to do this ? I noticed that my 1 year cert's had run out the other day. I tried the command line method outlined in the release notes but got an error message. I just used the web console to install a new one and it now shows the new expiration date of 1 year from that day (late next year).

Only thing I get is a cert. error every time I open mac mail for the first time i send an email, but I can simply push "Connect" and it works fine until I get the error again next time I open Mac Mail.

Maybe the web console won't work for you, maybe the link above will. I'm kind of curious of the difference though as I don't fully understand what the certificate is doing, or why I get that message in Mac Mail.

starcenterlr Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nufan View Post
    Is using the web admin console not a valid way to do this ? I noticed that my 1 year cert's had run out the other day. I tried the command line method outlined in the release notes but got an error message. I just used the web console to install a new one and it now shows the new expiration date of 1 year from that day (late next year).

Only thing I get is a cert. error every time I open mac mail for the first time i send an email, but I can simply push "Connect" and it works fine until I get the error again next time I open Mac Mail.

Maybe the web console won't work for you, maybe the link above will. I'm kind of curious of the difference though as I don't fully understand what the certificate is doing, or why I get that message in Mac Mail.
    Thanks for the reply.

When you used the web interface, you simply created an entirely new certificate, or did you select the "Replace the existing CSR" option?

Thread Information