Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra 3.1

EFSNetworks is offline Junior Member

Default Zimbra 3.1

Any idea when this will be released?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Hi

Welcome to the forums.

Is there something specific in 3.1.0 that you want/need?

FYI, there's a developers build of 3.1 that I'm running and it's been available for download since the 31st march so I would guess it'll be soon.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

EFSNetworks is offline Junior Member

Is the developers edition as "stable" as a beta? Can I get this through my Zimbra salesforce login?

As for what I'm looking for...below is a copy of email correspondence I have had with Zimbra engineers and sales -- they have replied to most of these already that they will be included/fixed/improved in 3.1:

Outlook Improvements/Questions/Documentation Requests:
    1) Addition of Tasks to Outlook and Web UI **** High ****
    2) Rules working in outlook -- move to folder on recieve/send etc **** High ****
    3) Share email account with other users (delegate emailing)
    4) Share Calendar among multiple users -- and create "public" calendars not owned by any single person
    5) Edit the GAL other than in the admin interface (e.g. make the GAL a huge shared address book rather than only Zimbra accounts)
    6) Allow users to create shared distribution lists from Outlook -- not just GAL ("Admin level users")
    6) Share Contacts among multiple users -- not just gal sharing
    7) PST Import tool -- how to modify MSI installer to turn on ssl, automatically input server name, etc.

Bugs:
    1) PST Import Tool -- crashing after 4 failures and not sure why getting failures
    Pst import stops at 4 errors? “no tag_id returned”
    Problem indicated in ZCSImportWiz-3.0.0_M4_151.exe
    IS THIS THE NEWEST?
    Tried with other version: ZCSImportWiz-3.0.0_M4_34.exe
    RUNTIME ERROR AND CRASHES
    2) Outlook Connector Sync -- not responsive all the time, often Web UI will be behind outlook or vica versa. Hitting "Send/Recieve" doesnt get back in sync
    3) Outlook -- added in secondary accounts (IMAP, Hotmail) and crash when trying to send email from those SMTP

Security and Continuity:
    1) Adding a certificate to match all domain names -- not just main domain name
    2) Can you modify the main zimbra domain without reinstalling (eg. edit /etc/hosts and then make it effective)
    3) Import a PST using Outlook Import tool versus Zimbra MSI tool -- do they do the same thing -- can you use the

Misc:
    1) Spamassasin and Rules Du Jour -- do you have any info on using this with Zimbra to update the spamassasin lists -- does Zimbra already do this?
    2) Are their any load testing scenarios/tools available -- Is there a recommended way to use a LoadRunner or WinRunner product to test simultaneousl load on a Zimbra Box or Cluster?
    3) There is a bunch of info published about Asterisk and Zimbra "unified messaging" -- is there a Zimlet out yet to work with Asterisk or still only for Skype?
    4) What wireless sync devices will be supported -- will blackberry enterprise server or intellisync be required or will this be integrated into Zimbra? Will there be extra fees for these featuers?

Backup and Mirroring:
    1) Are methods built into Zimbra to have a mirror server running in real time in the pipeline? e.g. if box fails other picks up and has exact replica of messages etc without the need to change MX records, DNS, etc.
    2) If you are going to RSYNC a backup to different server and perform a restore to get the server to the same spot the primary server is on -- what must be considered about the two servers "matching" one anotehr -- eg. must they already have the same user accounts, alias's etc. configured? Will this work as a method to keep a backup server running?

Ah, I see, you're after the network version. I'm afraid I was talking about the OSS version as that's what's mostly discussed here so I won't presume to answer any of those question except one. I use rules_du_jour with the OSS version and there's no problem in using it, it's not supplied by default though.
    Regards

Bill

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Quote Originally Posted by EFSNetworks
    Any idea when this will be released?
    Goal is later this week.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

demtracker is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Goal is later this week.
    Hi everyone. I'm new to Zimbra, and have been looking through the forums for a few days.

I just bought a mac mini (intel) and installed Zimbra on it this evening, and one of the things I'm wondering is if there will be an upgrade path from the development version to the official 3.1 version.

I noticed there had only been a few downloads of the development version of 3.1 on intel architecture, so if I can do anything to help out, I'm eager.

Hi

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, there's an upgrade path from the Developers Build to a GA release. You just run the install script and if it finds a version installed it will upgrade that. You should, of course, always have a backup of your data - just in case.

The Developers Builds are to be considered Beta versions and you shouldn't rely on them for production work - feedback on any problems is always helpful. I have run most (if not all) of the developers builds without problems.
    Regards

Bill

naturalblue is offline Junior Member

Red face Asterisk Feature

I would be really interested in the asterisk zimlet being added to 3.1.
    I have been chasing after this but seems it is only on the development/cvs system and i don't want to change my mail system to that just yet.

PNE
    PNE is offline Loyal Member

Phoenix, please help me to make rules_du_jour work with zimbra. I have configured rules_du_jour by help on the http://www.exit0.us/index.php?pagename=RulesDuJour page, but I don't know how to configure path to spamassassin in config file. Later I have found this - http://sietse.net/exoops/modules/Zimbra/ - but it did not help me either. I simply don't know where the spamassassin "executable" is located. Can you give me the clue, or post your rules_du_jour config?

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

spamassassin is loaded kind of as a library by amavisd-new in zimbra. the sa ruleset lives in /opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin. A rulesdujour setup like this should help:

TRUSTED_RULESETS="TRIPWIRE ANTIDRUG SARE_EVILNUMBERS0 SARE_EVILNUMBERS1 BOGUSVIRUS SARE_ADULT SARE_FRAUD SARE_STOCKS"
    TRUSTED_RULESETS="$TRUSTED_RULESETS SARE_BML SARE_SPOOF SARE_BAYES_POISON_NXM SARE_OEM"
    TRUSTED_RULESETS="$TRUSTED_RULESETS SARE_RANDOM SARE_HEADER SARE_HTML SARE_SPECIFIC SARE_OBFU"
    TRUSTED_RULESETS="$TRUSTED_RULESETS SARE_REDIRECT SARE_GENLSUBJ SARE_UNSUB SARE_WHITELIST"
    SA_DIR="/opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin"
    RULES_DU_JOUR_SCRIPT="/usr/local/sbin/rules_du_jour"
    SA_RESTART="/opt/zimbra/bin/zmamavisdctl restart"
    SA_LINT=""

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information