Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: View GAL from Web Client?

  1. #1
    Phloyd is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    6

    Default View GAL from Web Client?

    I think this may be a really stupid question, and I must be missing something, but I cannot view the GAL from a web client session. It does not show up as an address book, and the only way that I can see it is by clicking the "To:" button from a compose window. Even when I click this, the listing is not accurate or complete. What am I missing here?

  2. #2
    Jbrabander's Avatar
    Jbrabander is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Park City, KS
    Posts
    342
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I can only see the GAL when clickign the "To:" as well. I think that's by design. Although it would be nice to see it when clicking the address book tab.

    As for not seeing the whole list, it only shows 100 addresses. And you're correct, they aren't in alphabetical order, as we're "missing" some in our list. But if you search for the "missing" name, it'll show in the search results.

  3. #3
    Phloyd is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbrabander View Post
    I can only see the GAL when clickign the "To:" as well. I think that's by design. Although it would be nice to see it when clicking the address book tab.

    As for not seeing the whole list, it only shows 100 addresses. And you're correct, they aren't in alphabetical order, as we're "missing" some in our list. But if you search for the "missing" name, it'll show in the search results.
    Not very helpful if you don't know what you are searching for. We added new distribution lists and they don't show up in the GAL. If I type them in and hit search they are there, but that doesn't help my users who don't know that they are there.

  4. #4
    Jbrabander's Avatar
    Jbrabander is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Park City, KS
    Posts
    342
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Good point, and our "next" button is greyed out too so I can't just flip over to the next page of addresses.

    Just to ask, when you created your new distribution list, did you hit the "hide in GAL" checkbox? It may be worth checking.

  5. #5
    Phloyd is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbrabander View Post
    Good point, and our "next" button is greyed out too so I can't just flip over to the next page of addresses.

    Just to ask, when you created your new distribution list, did you hit the "hide in GAL" checkbox? It may be worth checking.
    No, I made sure that they are visible in the GAL. If they aren't visible, they don't even show up in a search.

  6. #6
    Jbrabander's Avatar
    Jbrabander is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Park City, KS
    Posts
    342
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Well, it was worth asking at least Cause it's usually the obvious stuff that trips us all up.

  7. #7
    mmorse's Avatar
    mmorse is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,242
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbrabander View Post
    Good point, and our "next" button is greyed out too so I can't just flip over to the next page of addresses.
    Bug 21121 - when gal search returns >100 results, pagination should be enabled
    ------- Comment #2 Parag Shah 2007-11-12 -------
    This is a server limitation. Paging GAL results is *not* supported.
    ------- Comment #3 Roland Schemers 2007-11-12 -------
    If this is a GAL search then there isn't much we can do at this point. There is a "big GAL rewrite" bug that will add paging/sorting/syncing to the GAL.

    Bug 29654 - "Previous - Next" buttons grayed out in contact picker in 'Select Address' Window
    ------- Comment #6 Parag Shah 2008-11-10 -------
    SearchGalRequest does not support paging.
    ------- Comment #7 Roland Schemers 2008-11-10 -------
    This could be dup'd as part of the gal-rewrite bug that will allow sorting/paging of the GAL.

    Bug 5989 - making the GAL browsable - browse >>> Bug 14531 - GAL via contacts folders with sorting, browsing and real sync

  8. #8
    Phloyd is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    They are claiming that this is fixed, but I have no idea how to go about implementing it. Would like to have a browseable GAL or at least a shared address book that can be synchronized with the GAL to keep it up to date.

  9. #9
    browland is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I agree, I have this same issue and I am running 5.0.13_GA_2791 which was released since this issue started. I am waiting for Ver 6 to upgrade our server at that time.
    Bill Rowland MCDST MCSA MCSE

  10. #10
    Jbrabander's Avatar
    Jbrabander is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Park City, KS
    Posts
    342
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phloyd View Post
    They are claiming that this is fixed, but I have no idea how to go about implementing it. Would like to have a browseable GAL or at least a shared address book that can be synchronized with the GAL to keep it up to date.
    According to the product portal, it looks like this is fixed in version 6.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 12:05 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 04:18 AM
  3. can't you help me
    By iwan siahaan in forum Administrators
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 06:53 PM
  4. after restore can't view web client or admin area
    By cornbread in forum Administrators
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 03:46 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2006, 09:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •