Thread: Cannot Remove Alias

shanson is offline Active Member

Default Cannot Remove Alias

I interrupted zmprov while deleting an alias (I want to make it a distribution list instead), and now it's stuck...

[zimbra@zimbra ~]$ zmprov raa user@example.de foo@example.at
    ERROR: account.NO_SUCH_ALIAS (no such alias: foo@example.at)
    [zimbra@zimbra ~]$ zmprov cdl foo@example.at
    ERROR: account.DISTRIBUTION_LIST_EXISTS (distribution list already exists: foo@example.at)
    [zimbra@zimbra ~]$ zmprov ddl foo@example.at
    ERROR: account.NO_SUCH_DISTRIBUTION_LIST (no such distribution list: foo@example.at)
    foo@example.at still listed as an alias in the web interface, but not under the the user account, and cannot be deleted there as well.

Failed to delete account foo@example.at
    Error code: account.NO_SUCH_ALIAS
    Message: no such alias: foo@example.at com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException: no such alias: foo@example.at at com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException.NO_S UCH_ALIAS(AccountServiceException.java:116) at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.remove AliasInternal(LdapProvisioning.java:964) at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.remove Alias(LdapProvisioning.java:895) at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.RemoveAccountAlias.han dle(RemoveAccountAlias.java:68) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:252) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:163) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:84) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:228) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:154) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107) at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:526) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:825) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11Conn ectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.jav a:738) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:526) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Details: soap:Sender
    Anything I can do? Thanks!
    Scott Hanson
    Media Ventures GmbH
    Cologne, Germany

KevinH is offline Expert Member

You might need to go into LDAP and remove it manually. Try looking at the LDAP tree with an LDAP browser and see if you see it in there.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

shanson is offline Active Member

OK, that worked. I didn't see the entry at first, but I was looking for anything with "foo@example.at". I should have been looking for "dn: uid=foo,ou=people,dc=example,dc=at".
    Scott Hanson
    Media Ventures GmbH
    Cologne, Germany

maumar is offline Elite Member

how can delete the attribute?
    ldapdelte deletes a dn:
    ldapdelete "cn=Delete Me,dc=example,dc=com"
    will attempt to delete the entry named "cn=Delete Me,dc=example,dc=com"

i don't want to delte entire dn, but only zimbraMailAlias attribute
    using cmd line

i am trying to use gq but at the moment i am not able to browse zimbra directory

maumar is offline Elite Member

We have create a first domain, example.it
    with some accounts and related alias, e.g.:
    1234@example.it alias: with mario@example.it

then .com domain was created: example.com
    they wanted it to become deafult domain, and i changed it to be default domain; accounts still were @domain.it

for this reason, all 1234@example.it were changed in 1234@example.com
    and alias mario@example.com were created.

At this point
    1. mario@example.it disappeared into account properties
    2. these aliases can be seen in alias list
    3. it is impossible to delete mario@example.it as not existent error arises
    4. it is impossible to add mario@example.it to 1234@example.com account, as zimbra complains that it already exists.

-m

Thread Information