Thread: distribution list managing and security

oxy
    oxy is offline Member

Default distribution list managing and security

hi!

i wonder if it is possible to set-up the following two things:

first: is that possible to grant permissions to users or groups to manage their own distribution lists or only admin can do it?

the other one:
    can i use some security on my distribution lists? i mean can i set up that only members or my distr list admin can write mails to the list? i am trying these lists and all of my users of other domains (not on the list..) can write letters to my list without any problem and i'd like to end it!

thanks for your help!

ps: i wonder if i can set prefix for my distribution lists topic (e.g.: [list1] blabla)
    Last edited by oxy; 09-22-2008 at 09:44 AM.

bdial is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by oxy View Post
    hi!

i wonder if it is possible to set-up the following two things:

first: is that possible to grant permissions to users or groups to manage their own distribution lists or only admin can do it?
    only admins can make distribution lists, but users can make contact groups for e-mail purposes.

the other one:
    can i use some security on my distribution lists? i mean can i set up that only members or my distr list admin can write mails to the list? i am trying these lists and all of my users of other domains (not on the list..) can write letters to my list without any problem and i'd like to end it!
    see this RestrictPostfixRecipients - Zimbra :: Wiki

ps: i wonder if i can set prefix for my distribution lists topic (e.g.: [list1] blabla)
    I don't think so. this might be possible with a hack but theres no easy functionality. I'm not sure if the zimbra developers intended for distribution lists to be used as advanced mailing lists, although there are RFEs for a few enhancements to move them in this direction. You might want to look at something like Mailman which is a great open source mailing list. Theres a few topics on the forums about minimal itnegration with zimbra.

oxy
    oxy is offline Member

thank you very much!

Thread Information