Thread: [SOLVED] zm_logger tables not being updated - no stats

JustinC is offline Active Member

Default [SOLVED] zm_logger tables not being updated - no stats

Hi,

I've been having a problem with stats for quite a while now (there are no stats graphs). It seems that a lot of people are having very similar problems with no resolution.

I posted about it here [SOLVED] Server statistics does not working but I don't think anyone's watching that thread as it's marked as solved. I've gone through all the steps outlined in this thread and others but it's still not working. All the tables in zm_logger were corrupt so I've repaired them. Waited 24 hours, nothing. The only output files I see in /tmp are genngraphs.out and logprocess.out.

The last date of data in the aggregate tables in zm_logger are 30/07/2007 (gives you an idea of how long this hasn't been working), raw_logs has current data, amavis, mta, and disk_status are all empty. All services seem to be running. I believe these empty tables are the problem. What fills them?

Also, once I change something, how do I know if it's working or not without having to wait 24 hours. Seems a little ridiculous as it means it could take days/weeks to fix.

If anyone else has any suggestions let me know.

Justin.

Anyone?

Justin.

Dirk is offline Moderator

Without trawling various logfiles, I couldnt suggest a direct fix. It may be possible to fix it with a blunter approach though. For instance, is the Zimbra server up to date? if it's not, the upgrade process may fix it. If it is up to date, you could consider reinstalling the current version anyway; you'll not lose anything and the process may fix it.

If those are not a suitable option, have a look at the wiki and the log files for something that looks like an issue, somethng may jump out at you.

Hi Dirk,

Thanks. I've been through the wiki and the forums and done all I can from what I've seen there. The installation is up to date, in fact I have done several upgrades since the problem first appeared.

I'll take another look at the log files and post anything that looks out of place.

Justin.

Can't see any obvious errors. It looks like zmlogprocess isn't working correctly. If I run it, it processes raw_logs and removes the data from that table but nothing is put in to the amavis, mta, or disk_status tables. I don't see any errors in the output either.

Justin.

zmlogprocess was not working because the data in the processing_history table was wrong (IDs were higher than the current ID). I reset the IDs in the processing_history table to zero and zmlogprocess started working properly and updated all the tables. Stats now work.

Thread Information