Thread: Migrating mailbox - lost folders

bonoboslr is offline Special Member

Default Migrating mailbox - lost folders

I tried migrating a mailbox from one mail store to another. The mailbox had a series of folders and rules to automatically put mail in those folders. THe rules are all still there, but the folders are not when I view mailbox. Not even the inbox,spam,draft folders are there.
    I was reluctant to purge old mailbox - (as it was mine) so I used zmmailboxmove to move back to the old mailstore and everything was fine again.

Anyone know of any issues surrounding moving mailboxen.. ?

uxbod is offline Moderator

If the rules went across okay I am surprised the folders had disappeared. Did you try a re-index of the mailbox from the Admin console ?

Maybe something related to Bug 29417 - exception while mailbox purge after mailboxmove so have a look mailbox.log to see if a error occurred when it was moved.
    Last edited by uxbod; 09-06-2008 at 03:13 AM.

palmczak is offline Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by bonoboslr View Post
    I tried migrating a mailbox from one mail store to another. The mailbox had a series of folders and rules to automatically put mail in those folders. THe rules are all still there, but the folders are not when I view mailbox. Not even the inbox,spam,draft folders are there.
    I was reluctant to purge old mailbox - (as it was mine) so I used zmmailboxmove to move back to the old mailstore and everything was fine again.

Anyone know of any issues surrounding moving mailboxen.. ?

Anyone ever find a solution to this. I am experiencing the same problem. The messages in the inbox move but the folders themselves do not.

I did try re-indexing from the admin console but this did not fix.

Also since I did not purge the mailbox from the old server, I get an error when I try to move it back saying it already exists. It tells me to use the -ow option but will I overwrite the box on the old server with the folders with the one with out the folders??????

Thanks,

Joe

palmczak is offline Active Member

New information...

The folders do not appear when using the advanced ajax client. But if I switch to the standard HTML version they appear and are contain all the messages.

Thanks,

joe

bonoboslr is offline Special Member

I created a bug for this Bug 31452 – Move Mailbox does not move folders. please can you add your findings as well so it can assist the developers.

Thread Information