Thread: [SOLVED] Error with NE Disaster Recovery

mlodick is offline Former Zimbran

Default [SOLVED] Error with NE Disaster Recovery

I had a hard drive failure which necessitates completely restoring my Zimbra server from backups. I reinstalled Zimbra, and copied my backup files into /opt/zimbra/backup/sessions:
    Code:
    ls -1 /opt/zimbra/backup/sessions/
    full-20080823.080012.863
    incr-20080824.080013.818
    incr-20080825.080013.634
    incr-20080826.080013.798
    I successfully ran the zmrestoreldap command, and the accounts were created on the server.

When I try to restore a given account, or all accounts, through the CLI or Web Admin interface, I get the following error:
    Code:
    zmrestore -d -a mike@lodick.com
    Error occurred: no such account: Account ID for mike@lodick.com not found in backup
    class=com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapFaultException
    message=no such account: Account ID for mike@lodick.com not found in backup
    mIsReceiversFault=false
    mIsLocal=false
    mDetail=<soap:Detail><Error xmlns="urn:zimbra"><Code>account.NO_SUCH_ACCOUNT</Code><Trace>btpool0-3:1219949093201:ff77cb5fbd912a96</Trace></Error></soap:Detail>
    mFault=<soap:Fault><soap:Code><soap:Value>soap:Sender</soap:Value></soap:Code><soap:Reason><soap:Text>no such account: Account ID for mike@lodick.com not found in backup </soap:Text></soap:Reason><soap:Detail><Error xmlns="urn:zimbra"><Code>account.NO_SUCH_ACCOUNT</Code><Trace>btpool0-3:1219949093201:ff77cb5fbd912a96</Trace></Error></soap:Detail></soap:Fault>
    Anybody know where I've gone wrong?

mmorse is offline Moderator

Did your backup include the acccounts.xml? If you can't restore that, try the -lb argument to speficy the full to work from. Bug 30979 - accounts.xml file dependency needed for zmrestore (Searching the sessions.xml may be the future.)

Thanks for the quick response, that seems to be it. I'll have to modify my backup script to grab the accounts.xml file as well.

My script currently tars up the contents of the latest backup in /opt/zimbra/backup/sessions - should I also include the accounts.xml file in each backup as well, or just the full ones (I stick to the standard weekly full backup, nightly incremental backup schedule)? And should I use the latest version of the file if I need to do restores later, I assume?

Mike

mmorse is offline Moderator

Not really, as accounts.xml only contains zimbraId's & latestFullBackupLabel; if you should not have the accounts.xml simply use the -lb argument to specify the full to work from.
    (ID's plus other data is also in the session.xml)

You could just back it up once and simply correct the date of the full when needed (and ID's if you've added/removed any accounts) but -lb is easier. Infact I highly recommend always using it. (It's needed for restoreToTime: Bug 15320 - zmrestore using restoreToTime option restores data after the specified time)
    bug 30979
    Improved error reporting. If a restore request is made without specifying a label with -lb option and /opt/zimbra/backup/accounts.xml file is missing, return an error "Account map file /opt/zimbra/backup/accounts.xml is missing. Specify a backup label to restore from."

If you don't have the accounts.xml file, it's just a simple matter of specifying -lb option to pick the backup to restore from. The above fix just makes this more obvious in the error message printed on screen.

Cool, I'll change my restore notes to make sure I use the -lbl option in the future.

I wanted to mention one other thing for anyone else doing recovery - I ran into a problem where postfix would hang after the "MAIL FROM" in the smtp conversation. Tracing it back, it wound up being a problem with the ldap password.

From /var/log/zimbra.log:

Code:
    Aug 30 19:21:05 san-srv1 postfix/proxymap[22347]: warning: dict_ldap_connect: Unable to bind to server ldap://san-srv1.milodev.net:389 as uid=zmpostfix,cn=appaccts,cn=zimbra: 49 (Invalid credentials)
    Aug 30 19:21:05 san-srv1 last message repeated 2 times
    Aug 30 19:21:05 san-srv1 postfix/trivial-rewrite[17041]: fatal: proxy:ldap:/opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-vad.cf(0,lock|fold_fix): table lookup problem
    I believe this was caused by not updating one or more passwords using zmldappasswd. I updated the ldap_postfix_password and (zmldappasswd -p) that fixed the issue for me.

I'm marking this solved. Thanks again.

Mike
    Last edited by mlodick; 08-30-2008 at 08:04 PM.

Thread Information