Thread: Bugzilla not ideal for RFEs (Accounts per screen page in ZimbraAdmin)

Laird is offline Intermediate Member

Default Bugzilla not ideal for RFEs (Accounts per screen page in ZimbraAdmin)

I came to the forums to see if there's a way to increase the size of the list of accounts per screen page in the Zimbra Administration tool (ZimbraAdmin)

Could Devs use the forum website to do occasional POLLs re desired changes?
    Last edited by Laird; 01-10-2011 at 09:00 PM.

ArcaneMagus is offline Moderator

For managing just a few things...sure a poll works great. In fact occasionally they do do polls to see what people what most for the next release, or as an example NEW POLL: What OS port should be next?

The problem with a system like that is when it starts getting to the scale of 25 thousand different bugs/RFE's then it starts becoming a problem to use something like a poll...(I just ran a quick query and found about 24,600 entries in bugzilla)

quietas is offline Elite Member

On top of that the Bugzilla entries also give users/admins the ability go there and ad their own requests. I'll agree, Bugzilla is a pain in the rear, but otherwise how would you accept and enter the thousands of requests, let alone manage them?
    Culley
    Mail | Dell 2950III | 2x Quad Core 5420 | 8gb RAM | 6x 146gb SAS RAID 0+1 | Red Hat 5.3 | Zimbra 6.0.10 Network Edition
    Test | VMware ESXi Whitebox | Phenom II Black 3.2ghz | 12gb RAM | 6x 1tb SATA RAID 0+1 | CentOS 5.4 | FOSS, Not in use now

ArcaneMagus is offline Moderator

Also I definitely understand where you are coming from with this...it always annoys me going through my ~250 user list until I either find who I was looking for or remember the search feature.

Thread Information