Thread: Mailbox log errors?

carnold is offline Advanced Member

Default Mailbox log errors?

Usign OSS 5.0.4 on SLES10 SP2 and experiencing some errors in both email client and in the logs of zimbra. For the email client we use kontact 1.3 for opensuse 11 and it use to work then all of a sudden, on the client side, i get connection timed out errors. I looked in the logs of zimbra and found:
    2008-08-09 01:13:10,166 INFO [ImapServer-65] [name=user@domain.tld;ip=1xx.xx.xxx.xxx;oip=1xx.xxx .xxx.xxx;] imap - user user@domain.tld authenticated, mechanism=login
    2008-08-09 01:13:10,178 INFO [ImapServer-57] [] ProtocolHandler - Exception occurred while handling connection
    java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream. java:162)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStre am.java:218)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStre am.java:237)
    at com.zimbra.cs.tcpserver.TcpServerInputStream.readL ine(TcpServerInputStream.java:73)
    at com.zimbra.cs.imap.TcpImapRequest.continuation(Tcp ImapRequest.java:54)
    at com.zimbra.cs.imap.TcpImapHandler.processCommand(T cpImapHandler.java:109)
    at com.zimbra.cs.tcpserver.ProtocolHandler.processCon nection(ProtocolHandler.java:160)
    at com.zimbra.cs.tcpserver.ProtocolHandler.run(Protoc olHandler.java:128)
    at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Wo rker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    2008-08-09 01:13:10,195 INFO [ImapServer-57] [] ProtocolHandler - Handler exiting normally

I don't know if this has to do with the kontact error or not but the logs are full of those errors. Also found in the zimbra logs:

2008-08-09 01:09:57,225 INFO [btpool0-11] [name=user@domain.tld;ip=152.16.233.90;ua=Zimbra Desktop/0.84;] SoapEngine - handler exception
    com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException: invalid attr name: [LDAP: error code 17 - zimbraPrefTagTreeOpen: attribute type undefined]
    ExceptionId:btpool0-11:1218258597224:441f6580a2363b22
    Code:account.INVALID_ATTR_NAME
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException.INVA LID_ATTR_NAME(AccountServiceException.java:149)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.modify AttrsInternal(LdapProvisioning.java:288)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.modify Attrs(LdapProvisioning.java:268)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.modify Attrs(LdapProvisioning.java:249)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.Provisioning.modifyAttrs(Pro visioning.java:1560)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.account.ModifyPrefs.handle(M odifyPrefs.java:67)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:391)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:250)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:156)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:266)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:177)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:487)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserA gentFilter.java:81)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter .java:148)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:360)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:716)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:406)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(Re writeHandler.java:176)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:506)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:844)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:644)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:381)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:396)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
    Caused by: javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttributeIdentifierE xception: [LDAP: error code 17 - zimbraPrefTagTreeOpen: attribute type undefined]; remaining name 'uid=carnold,ou=people,dc=electrichendrix,dc=com'
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.jav a:3074)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCt x.java:2951)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCt x.java:2758)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_modifyAttributes(LdapC tx.java:1441)
    at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_mod ifyAttributes(ComponentDirContext.java:255)
    at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContex t.modifyAttributes(PartialCompositeDirContext.java :172)
    at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.modifyAtt ributes(InitialDirContext.java:153)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapUtil.modifyAttribut es(LdapUtil.java:1356)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapUtil.modifyAttrs(Ld apUtil.java:705)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.modify AttrsInternal(LdapProvisioning.java:285)
    ... 34 more

The first line of this error indicates it is from zimbra desktop and that ip is my work ip but guess what, i am not at work and zimbra is not running (and has not run yesterday or today) on my work pc. Can anyone help me clear these errors? I have restarted all the zimbra services, still see those errors and i even restarted the server, still see those errors.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by carnold View Post
    The first line of this error indicates it is from zimbra desktop and that ip is my work ip but guess what, i am not at work and zimbra is not running (and has not run yesterday or today) on my work pc. Can anyone help me clear these errors? I have restarted all the zimbra services, still see those errors and i even restarted the server, still see those errors.
    You do realise that the Zimbra Desktop runs as a background service and is active when the GUI is shut down, don't you? Are you saying that you've disabled the background service on your work PC?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I am way more interested in the first error that i posted. Can you help with that?

Can anyone help with the error?

Thread Information