I'm refering to a previous post in another thread since ccmacmil's problem and mine are the same but different than the original thread poster. Here's the original:
Zimbra stoped working
I am running the OSS version on Debian with the GA 156 package. Since the initial installation the operating system was not rebooted and was working properly. Today I did my first reboot and tomcat didn't start. I upgraded to the GA 160 package and tomcat still didn't start. There was no stack trace and catalina.out reported that everything was working properly despite tomcat not running. Then I noticed the thread I referenced above, changed the permissions on the redo.log file and tomcat started manually while running as the zimbra user.
I don't know how to debug this to determine if it's a Debian thing, a Zimbra thing or a tomcat thing. Help would be appriciated.