Thread: Zimbra IP change

kevinpaz is offline Active Member

Default Zimbra IP change

Hi there,

Is there a list of things to do when you change the IP of a zimbra server? After changing zimbra wouldn't start so i found this thread: changing hostname and ip address of zimbra server

Now my daily report email is blank. What else have i broken under the covers?

This would make an excellent wiki article if someone has time to write it.

Please let me know everything i need to do when changing the machines IP address.

Thanks,
    Kevin

cyberdeath is offline Active Member

kevinpaz,

Aside from the typical update of your MX, A, and PTR records on your DNS server and changing your IP address on the box itself, you should also make sure to update the MTA trusted hosts. You will be able to find that under "Servers", then your server and finally the "MTA" tab. Remove your old IP w/subnet and add your new ip/subnet. That's basically all you need to do.

Regards,
    cyberdeath
    cyberdeath

I changed that value and mail is going outbound OK but my daily mail report email is not working, sample below:

Generating report
    From 2008-08-05 00:00:00 to 2008-08-06 00:00:00

No messages found

All my stats are now blank as well. Is this common after an IP change? I don't want to rebuild the database unless necessary.

I also got this note from the database integrity check email, but i think it's unrelated. When i run the command again it returns no output.

Database errors found.
    /opt/zimbra/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf -S /opt/zimbra/db/mysql.sock -A -C -s -u root --password=mypassword
    zimbra.jiveUserProp
    warning : 5 clients are using or haven't closed the table properly

cyberdeath is offline Active Member

kevinpaz,

It appears that your Logger database is corrupt or has errors, not your normal zimbra database (which is what you checked with that command). Which is also why you aren't getting any errors.

You may find the following page helpful:

Logger - Zimbra Wiki

See if that solves your issue.
    cyberdeath

mysql> check table raw_logs;
    +------------------------+-------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------+
    | Table | Op | Msg_type | Msg_text |
    +------------------------+-------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------+
    | zimbra_logger.raw_logs | check | warning | Table is marked as crashed |
    | zimbra_logger.raw_logs | check | warning | 8 clients are using or haven't closed the table properly |
    | zimbra_logger.raw_logs | check | error | Record at pos: 320460 is not remove-marked |
    | zimbra_logger.raw_logs | check | error | record delete-link-chain corrupted |
    | zimbra_logger.raw_logs | check | error | Corrupt |
    5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> repair table raw_logs;
    +------------------------+--------+----------+--------------------------------------+
    | Table | Op | Msg_type | Msg_text |
    +------------------------+--------+----------+--------------------------------------+
    | zimbra_logger.raw_logs | repair | warning | Number of rows changed from 16 to 14 |
    | zimbra_logger.raw_logs | repair | status | OK |
    2 rows in set (0.03 sec)

There were errors that have been repaired. If this was caused by changing my IP address then it'll just break again on the next daily cycle.

Does anyone have a list of things that need to be done when changing the IP address of the server?

Thread Information