Thread: Distribution list with authorization only

quietas is offline Elite Member

Default Distribution list with authorization only

I'm wondering if there is a simple way to do a real basic mailing list.

Essentially a list of users, an authorized user emails that list, it goes out. It gets rejected if a non authorized user sends to the address. I'm thinking something to be used for departmental and company wide emails, something that needs control so people don't start spamming all the users.

Has anyone run across something like this? I saw the [SOLVED] Zimbra+Mailman Howto post, but that is more than I need and mailman is such old tech many of my users don't like to deal with the version we have now. It only needs one way communication, and only a very select few senders, preferably with the option to hold the mail for review first.

I suppose I could just turn the capability to accept mail on and off, but that is a bit of a kludge which I don't want to operate every time a manager wants to send out a department email.
    Culley
    Mail | Dell 2950III | 2x Quad Core 5420 | 8gb RAM | 6x 146gb SAS RAID 0+1 | Red Hat 5.3 | Zimbra 6.0.10 Network Edition
    Test | VMware ESXi Whitebox | Phenom II Black 3.2ghz | 12gb RAM | 6x 1tb SATA RAID 0+1 | CentOS 5.4 | FOSS, Not in use now

Chewie71 is offline Trained Alumni

quietas is offline Elite Member

That's definately a start, some sort of limitation on who can send, internal only, external yes/no, limit to list or specific user, things like this are needed. If I were to make a company wide email list it would be spamable to the whole company.
    Culley
    Mail | Dell 2950III | 2x Quad Core 5420 | 8gb RAM | 6x 146gb SAS RAID 0+1 | Red Hat 5.3 | Zimbra 6.0.10 Network Edition
    Test | VMware ESXi Whitebox | Phenom II Black 3.2ghz | 12gb RAM | 6x 1tb SATA RAID 0+1 | CentOS 5.4 | FOSS, Not in use now

Thread Information