Thread: Testing Open Source VMWare install - seems very buggy

vtrac is offline Starter Member

Default Testing Open Source VMWare install - seems very buggy

Maybe I'm not doing something correctly. There are a few issues that I am having, and they seem to be intermittent. If I reboot the VM, sometimes the problems go away.

I just tried to change the admin@localhost.localdomain password, and it gave me this error:
    Error code: service.TOO_MANY_HOPS
    Method: ZmCsfeCommand.invoke
    Details:mountpoint loop detected
    I also have a few random users @localhost.localdomain (seems to be randomcharacters@localhost.localdomain) that I can't delete from the admin panel. It gives this error:

Failed to delete account _wtbgqspzv@localhost.localdomain
    Message: mountpoint loop detected com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException: mountpoint loop detected at com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException.TOO_MANY_HO PS(ServiceException.java:186) at com.zimbra.soap.ZimbraContext.(ZimbraContext.java: 145) at com.zimbra.soap.DocumentHandler.proxyRequest(Docum entHandler.java:286) at com.zimbra.soap.DocumentHandler.proxyRequest(Docum entHandler.java:280) at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.AdminDocumentHandler.p roxyIfNecessary(AdminDocumentHandler.java:72) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:249) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:163) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:84) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:228) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:152) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107) at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:526) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:825) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11Conn ectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.jav a:738) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:526) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Details: soap:Sender
    Deleted items:
    I'm using LDAP integration. Should I still have to manually add users using the Zimbra admin panel even though they already exist in the LDAP schema? To make it work, I have to manually add users into Zimbra with the same UID as in LDAP. Doing this, I've noticed that password changes in Zimbra do not get written back to LDAP.

Are these problems just because I'm running the VM version?

bobby is offline Zimbra Employee

how much ram is allocated to the virtual machine?

are there two accounts with random names? those are the spam training accounts. check this: zmprov gacf | grep SpamAccount

users must be provisioned in zimbra even if the full details and/or authentication come from an external ldap. right now there is no sync between zimbra ldap and external ldap.

vtrac is offline Starter Member

512 Megs of ram dedicated to the VM. Should there be more?

marcmac is offline Expert Member

512 is pretty much the minimum.

No sure about the mountpoint loop - what do you get from df -h?

thedave is offline Starter Member

Default 3.1/VM Distro: Same here "Error service.TOO_MANY_HOPS"

23% of disk is used, getting the following when attempting to delete a user from the VMWARE release:

Failed to delete account sop222@thetestdom.com
    Message: mountpoint loop detected com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException: mountpoint loop detected at com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException.TOO_MANY_HO PS(ServiceException.java:186) at com.zimbra.soap.ZimbraContext.(ZimbraContext.java: 145) at com.zimbra.soap.DocumentHandler.proxyRequest(Docum entHandler.java:286) at com.zimbra.soap.DocumentHandler.proxyRequest(Docum entHandler.java:280) at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.AdminDocumentHandler.p roxyIfNecessary(AdminDocumentHandler.java:72) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:252) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:163) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:84) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:228) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:154) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107) at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:541) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:869) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11 ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProt ocol.java:667) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Details: soap:Sender

Thread Information