Thread: Post 5.06 upgrade, statistics and status issue

cjstone is offline Intermediate Member

Default Post 5.06 upgrade, statistics and status issue

I performed a 4.5.11 -> 5.06 upgrade over the weekend and everything went very, very smoothly, no issue really at all so far except for this one minor thing. In the admin console, I still don't see all the graphs updating. I also see that the status for one of my two nodes (the ldap master) shows as "data is stale" always.

I do understand that I just might have to wait a bit longer for that data to accumulate, but working through this wiki, Logger - Zimbra :: Wiki, I did find something that might not be right.

Here's what the logger db looks like and the value for zimbraLogHostname below it. Looks like somewhere a hostname is configured wrong, but not sure how to fix it. I take it it should be the fqdn everywhere.

Any hints toward straightening this out? Should I just run /opt/zimbra/bin/zmsyslogsetup again?

--Chris

Code:
    mysql> select * from service_status;
    +-------------------+-----------+---------------------+--------+---------------------+
    | server            | service   | time                | status | loghostname         |
    +-------------------+-----------+---------------------+--------+---------------------+
    | hugo.west.blah.com | antivirus | 2008-06-30 12:34:01 |      1 | hugo               | 
    | ball.east.blah.com | stats     | 2008-06-30 15:36:01 |      1 | ball.east.blah.com | 
    | ball.east.blah.com | spell     | 2008-06-30 15:36:01 |      1 | ball.east.blah.com | 
    | ball.east.blah.com | snmp      | 2008-06-30 15:36:01 |      1 | ball.east.blah.com | 
    | ball.east.blah.com | mta       | 2008-06-30 15:36:01 |      1 | ball.east.blah.com | 
    | ball.east.blah.com | mailbox   | 2008-06-30 15:36:01 |      1 | ball.east.blah.com | 
    | ball.east.blah.com | ldap      | 2008-06-30 15:36:01 |      1 | ball.east.blah.com | 
    | ball.east.blah.com | antivirus | 2008-06-30 15:36:01 |      1 | ball.east.blah.com | 
    | hugo.west.blah.com | stats     | 2008-06-30 12:34:01 |      1 | hugo               | 
    | hugo.west.blah.com | spell     | 2008-06-30 12:34:01 |      1 | hugo               | 
    | hugo.west.blah.com | snmp      | 2008-06-30 12:34:01 |      1 | hugo               | 
    | hugo.west.blah.com | mta       | 2008-06-30 12:34:01 |      1 | hugo               | 
    | hugo.west.blah.com | mailbox   | 2008-06-30 12:34:01 |      1 | hugo               | 
    | hugo.west.blah.com | logger    | 2008-06-30 12:34:01 |      1 | hugo               | 
    | hugo.west.blah.com | ldap      | 2008-06-30 12:34:01 |      1 | hugo               | 
    15 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> quit
    Bye
    [zimbra@hugo ~]$ zmprov getConfig zimbraLogHostname
    zimbraLogHostname: hugo.west.blah.com
    [zimbra@hugo ~]$

p24t is offline Moderator

If you need to redo the logger db, check out this thread:

Daily mail report always reports "No messages found"

I can't say that's exactly what you need, but you might get some more information.

Thanks p24t, that thread looks helpful. Just an update, though. On my one machine running logger, I do see the stats are updating now. Perhaps it was from me running this manually yesterday afternoon..?

/opt/zimbra/libexec/zmlogprocess
    /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmgengraphs

Problems/symptoms remain, however:

1. The ldap replica/mta/mailstore machine still isn't showing its graph updates. (related to the hostname inconsistency shown in the my original post?)

2. There is a break in the graph data from when logging wasn't working. (not too big a deal, but a clue that the issue was related to data collection, not the graphing).

3. Status for the logger machine still shows "stale data". (probably unrelated?)

I'm ready to try deleting the data and running zmloggerinit, but I take it I'll lose all historical data by doing so...?

--Chris

p24t is offline Moderator

Right, you'll lose the entire DB and all hist data.

If you want, you could just update the logger db table you posted with the FQDN. I don't know that would help you any, but it couldn't hurt.

UPDATE service_status SET loghostname='fqdn.domain.etc' WHERE loghostname='shortname'

Well, I guess patience was the key once again. I did nothing on the servers, but do see now that both servers' stats are updating fine (though still the break during the period when they weren't updating.)

The only issue remaining then is the persistent "stale data" status message, which isn't a big deal at all, but a curiosity nonetheless.

Thanks again for your help!

--Chris

mcesari is offline Special Member

is the time on all the servers set the same?

mmorse is offline Moderator

& If the time is set fine - then see 5.0.5 data is stale (last post has bug link)

Thread Information