Thread: unable to enter text in email body on webmail

alex_aacc is offline Starter Member

Default unable to enter text in email body on webmail

To whom it may concern,

We've encountered a problem with Zimbra's webmail client. We are presently using the licensed version of ZCS 5.0.6 We found this problem to occur for all of our users on IE5, IE6, IE7, under a specific configuration while in 'Standard' mode. When creating a new message, a user can enter a 'To' address, 'Subject, etc. However, when a user attempts to focus (click-on) the email body text area, the cursor briefly flashes on the textarea and then doesn't allow any typing in that field. If you have a signature, use the 'Advanced Mode' (AJAX), check the 'As HTML' radio button (as found under Preferences->Compose tab), or are replying to an existing email -- you avoid the problem altogether. In other words, when some text already exists in the email body's textarea (or you are using a different textarea altogether, as with the HTML toolbar) you can type in the textarea with no problem. However, with a blank textarea, the email body's text field in unfocusable (i.e. disabled).

Talking to the individual responsible for managing our email, we believe the following thread closely matches the error we found with IE.

Compose new mail on webclient using html format

I'd also like to point that we've used Zimbra for a couple of months now, and despite the present issue, find Zimbra to be an excellent product.

mmorse is offline Moderator

Welcome to the forums,

That sounds like Bug 28361 - HTML Client : can't type in msg body using IE & text mode for 5.0.7
    -Standard client
    -Preferences > composing > as text
    -Can't type in message body area/flickers
    (However, if you create a signature you no longer have this problem.)

Workarounds:
    A) If they're set to Text mode change them to HTML compose.
    OR
    B) If they're aliment on text mode, setup a signature, then make sure it's set to include that in the persona (accounts tab).

sperkins is offline Senior Member

Hello,

We've got this problem & it's getting worse, everytime users change or touch their signature, boom ! the only solution is to reset compose options to cos values... emptying cache or rebooting pcs does'nt fix the problem.

I've just been to bugzilla, it says verified & fixed in 5.07. I'm a bit lost because in the product portal for 5.07, it just says "verified", not "resolved" (as other bits).

So what's it's status for 5.07 ?

Regards,

Sebastian

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sperkins View Post
    I've just been to bugzilla, it says verified & fixed in 5.07. I'm a bit lost because in the product portal for 5.07, it just says "verified", not "resolved" (as other bits).
    If you click on the underlined lined url next to the fields in bugzilla it will tell you what they mean, the meaning of Resolved is on that page.

Quote Originally Posted by sperkins View Post
    o what's it's status for 5.07 ?
    The usual answer is when it's ready, we don't pre-announce and you'll see the details in the Announcements forum when it's available. It will be soon but no confirmed date yet.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

sperkins is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    If you click on the underlined lined url next to the fields in bugzilla it will tell you what they mean, the meaning of Resolved is on that page.
    Thanks ! verified means the fix has been tested by QA, I thought it meant that the bug had been reproduced

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    The usual answer is when it's ready, we don't pre-announce and you'll see the details in the Announcements forum when it's available. It will be soon but no confirmed date yet.
    I was just referring to the bug fix being present or not in the 5.07 patch (which is a yes from now what I saw and now understand in BugZilla !).

Regards,

Sebastian

Thread Information