Thread: [SOLVED] Where Oh Where Can My Backup Be?

rabbit377 is offline Junior Member

Default [SOLVED] Where Oh Where Can My Backup Be?

So I just installed the latest rpm of 5.0.6 GA release for RHEL 5 x86 on a fresh copy of CentOS 5 x64 with all updates. Everything installed fine and all my services are running. However when I log in to the admin console there is nothing at all related to backup. It's not under Tools or Monitoring (as various guides list it as being) and the zmschedulebackup command line utility is AWOL as well. There is also no tool in /opt/zimbra/bin that even says backup. What the heck is going on? Does anyone know? How the heck do I get this thing to backup.

All help is appreciated. Thanks in advanced for taking the time to read this.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Are you actually a Network Edition customer? What is the output of 'zmcontrol -v'? Please update your profile with the version details as well.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default output

Well since we just spent $1300 or whatever on the Network Professional version, I hope that I'm a customer. I never got any email with a special download section or anything. I called sales and they set me up with the portal, where I was able to download the license file.

Originally I installed it with a trial license, uninstalled it with the installer script -u option. Frankly I am inclined to just format it and start fresh tonight, as I have a feeling the script didn't really uninstall everything, as it never asked me for the new license file when I reinstalled, it just snagged the updated one I put in the same directory.

Here is the output:

Release 5.0.6_GA_2313.RHEL5_64_20080522130456 CentOS5_64 FOSS edition

I'm assuming FOSS mean Free and Open Source. So is there a special download link for Network Professional versions, besides the main site?
    Last edited by rabbit377; 06-19-2008 at 11:23 AM.

Well, the FOSS in that output shows that you've got the Open Source version installed hence the lack of backup option. You can download the Network Edition here: http://www.zimbra.com/products/downloads.html I'd suggest you stop the current Zimbra you have running and do a full backup of the /opt/zimbra directory (there's several wiki articles on backup) , when you've done that you should be able to unpack the NE download and run the install script. That should update your current version without any problems. You should also update your profile with the information from the 'zmcontrol -v' command so we know aht version you're running. Let us know how you get on.
    Regards

Bill

Why would I have the FOSS Edition when I downloaded it from the link you posted? Here is the link and below it the exact tar file I downloaded. Is it because I used the trial edition license originally? As for backing it up, no need, as there is no data in in yet.

Also, I just opened the license file that I downloaded from the portal and it is a trial license still. That has to be the problem. What is up with that? I should be able to download the full license file from my portal right?

I got it from: http://www.zimbra.com/products/downloads.html

The file I downloaded was:

http://files.zimbra.com/downloads/5....0522105815.tgz

So I just went to the portal again and downloaded the license. It is a full license now. When I downloaded it the other day from there it was still just a trial license, which is probably the default when a brand new portal account is created. I am going to try to reinstall it with that license and see what happens.

Looks like it was the license file. Now that I installed it with the real license file, everything is where it should be. Thanks for your help.

Glad you've got it working.
    Regards

Bill

Thread Information