I am trying to get Zimbra going here so that we can test it internally to see whether we can use it. One snag that people have reported is that when they click on "To:" when composing mail, then use the search box to query our external LDAP, it will hang. I can't find any rhyme or reason to it. "ta" will return all kinds of users, but "ma" fails and causes the search to forever stay disabled along with a continual "spinning thing" on the side.

I thought it strange that all the searches that cause it to hang work perfectly with the test search in the GAL setup wizard. I turned up the debugging, tried the "To:" search again, and saw that there was a soap message containing all the search results:

008-06-13 15:20:19,406 DEBUG [btpool0-2] [name=chris@private.****.com;ip=10.1.1.221;ua=Zimbr aWebClient - FF3.0 (Linux)/5.0.5_GA_2201.UBUNTU6;] soap - SOAP response:
{
"Body": {
"SearchGalResponse": {
"more": false,
"cn": [
{
"id": "uid=matt...
A bunch of other data I don't want on the web,
so on and so forth...

}],
"_jsns": "urn:zimbraAccount"
}
},
"Header": {
"context": {
"sessionId": [{
"id": "11",
"_content": "11"
}],
"change": {
"token": 15800
},
"_jsns": "urn:zimbra"
}
},
"_jsns": "urn:zimbraSoap"
}

Anyone have an idea why this would be? Like I said, it work perfectly in some cases like searching on "ta", but many other times it fails.