Thread: Sent Items sort bug in 5.0.6?

Abzstrak is offline Intermediate Member

Default Sent Items sort bug in 5.0.6?

can someone check to see if this behavior is a bug or just my installation?

In the sent items, I can ONLY sort by Date. Whenever I attempt to sort by anything other than date, it seems to sort by date anyway. If I right click and take away the date as a viewable column, then everything disappears.

p24t is offline Moderator

When I try to sort by Subject, it's as though I'm clicking on 'Sent', and the sort-by-date switches from ascend to decend.

Looks like a bug to me. Anyone else?

Atrispro is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

Sorting works OK on my sent folder.

mmorse is offline Moderator

I can confirm part of your issue.

Sort is fine by subject or date - however removing the 'received' column hides mail.

5.0.6_GA_2313.UBUNTU6
    5.0.6_GA_2313.RHEL4_64
    Convo or message view.

Works fine in 5.0.5_GA_2201.RHEL4.64

Infact removing/unchecking the received column hides mail everywhere else so I filed: Bug 28381 - unchecking received column hides mail

Could one of you file for the sent folder sort by date when trying to sort subject issue?

Before someone asks-
    The To column in the sent folder is in a world of itself:
    Bug 6830 - sorting Sent folder by To column sorts wrong
    Bug 12734 - Message view + in:sent To column header allows sort
    And From column when in other folders in convo view:
    Bug 7972 - Mail sort using from column not enabled

p24t is offline Moderator

I take back the sent-sorting. I sent out some more emails (blank account on my OSS box) and it seems to be working fine. Just my luck, the subjects and dates managed to correspond when I sorted. (sending email in alphabetical order heh)

And it doesn't seem that I have the option to sort by sender/recipient in any folder. The only 2 columns that seem to interact are Subject and Sent/Received

Abzstrak is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by p24t View Post
    I take back the sent-sorting. I sent out some more emails (blank account on my OSS box) and it seems to be working fine. Just my luck, the subjects and dates managed to correspond when I sorted. (sending email in alphabetical order heh)

And it doesn't seem that I have the option to sort by sender/recipient in any folder. The only 2 columns that seem to interact are Subject and Sent/Received
    Since my existing mailboxes all had at least some sent items that were imported from PST files, I gave this a try. On a new mailbox I sent out 40 emails, they still do not work as expected, it continues to only sort ascending or descending by sent time regardless of the actual selection.

does anyone know of a way to disable the selection for sorting by name or subject? I don't mind telling people to search as a temporary solution, however they become confused when the option presented does not act as intended.

I'm new to the Zimbra community, should I file a bug or leave this to the ones that mmorse posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Abzstrak View Post
    does anyone know of a way to disable the selection for sorting by name or subject? I don't mind telling people to search as a temporary solution, however they become confused when the option presented does not act as intended.
    Not of the top of my head, there is an RFE open Bug 13429 - option to disable sort-by-sender and sort-by-subject for performance if you'd like to vote - hard to imagine that some people need that tiny boost but some do.

Quote Originally Posted by Abzstrak View Post
    I'm new to the Zimbra community, should I file a bug or leave this to the ones that mmorse posted?
    Ok, so I filed Bug 28381 - unchecking received column hides mail because I could repo that part of it.

Neither p24t or I can repo your sort issue, if you open one be sure to attach screenshots.
    Feel free to bounce them off us here first - it's not that we don't believe you, we just don't hit it ourselves

The column's you can sort by are intentional, kinda a crazy history but:

For to:/from: you can switch to message view and sort by sender/recipient
    And should be able to sort inside a convo that way, just not in the main folder.
    (using 5.0.6 to test).

This is because of Bug 6830 - sorting Sent folder by To column sorts wrong & see Bug 7972 - Mail sort using from column not enabled
    Though we might disable To: until 6830 is fixed -see Bug 12734 - Message view + in:sent To column header allows sort

So yes, it's a bit before Bug 1108 - Sorting should be available on ALL columns is done. The way we work it's far better for individual one's to be opened like Bug 21631 - Add ability to sort by priority & Bug 21632 - Add ability to search by priority

Quote Originally Posted by REMcycle
    Sorting by From: in the Inbox now works fine.

But if I try to sort by To: in the Sent folder, it seems to sort by date but then throws some in there from a completely different time.

Further, if I uncheck the Sent field, all mail still disappears.
    This message has been deleted by REMcycle. Reason: I just now read the bug :P

Bug 6830 - sorting Sent folder by To column sorts wrong
    Bug 28381 - unchecking received column hides mail

Thread Information