Thread: Combining Common Accounts

Russianspi is offline Loyal Member

Default Combining Common Accounts

OK. I have a Zimbra server that I use for a retail store chain. I started out with Zimbra last summer, and I am still using the same virtual server that I started out with. I started out with a Zimbra Open Source 4.5 server on a 8 GB expandable virtual hard drive. I now run ZCS 5.0.5 (and am upgrading to 5.0.6 tonight) Network Edition, and I just added a 550 GB static virtual hard drive. Anyway, that's just some cool stuff by way of introduction.

Here's what I would like to do: I originally set up an account for each of our seven stores, as well as our three delivery hubs. Individual user accounts were created as needed, and life was good. Everyone knew the passwords for each store's account, and whoever was in a given store each day checked the store account a few times a day.

I still have use for common store accounts (often, only one person in a store needs to respond to a given E-mail), but for several reasons, I want everyone to be using their own Zimbra account (1. We want our employees to be able to use Zimbra to the fullest, and 2. We don't want former employees accessing accounts with the commonly known passwords). I have set up an account (call it allstores@mydomain.com) and I want to have each store's E-mail go to a separate folder in this account. I want to share each folder to all of my users, allowing them to access the mail of whatever store they are in for each day, and reply as appropriate.

Now that I have described my desired system somewhat, here are the hurdles that I am running into. Any help on any of them would be appreciated.

1. I need to get the mail (preferably inbox and sent) from each account into a folder of my allstores account, and eventually delete each store account.
    2. I would love to find an easy way to make and maintain the shares for each of my users. I occasionally add and delete users, and on a rare occasion, I open a new store. I don't mind some effort in any of these situations, but the easier it is, the better.

Thanks for your help. If there is any question that I can answer that would make it easier for you to help me, let me know.

Disclaimer: It's nearly 3 in the morning here, so I fully expect that there are grammar and logic errors in my post. Sorry.

Russianspi is offline Loyal Member

Default Update

The need for this came sooner than expected - I've got to make it work today. It may be ugly, though. Let me tack on a question about filters, too. If I run a filter for a "to" that contains one of my store usernames: (eg. store1@mydomain.com) to put it in a specific folder, and another one that looks for store2@mydomain.com to put it in a different folder, what happens if I get an email addresses to both stores? Is there a way to make that message go into multiple folders?

Thread Information