Thread: Server stats missing Message Count year graph

JonathanDelgado is offline Junior Member

Default Server stats missing Message Count year graph

I seem to be having an interesting issue with the server statistics from the admin console. I am getting graphs for all of my reports just fine, except for the "Last 365 days" report for the server (not system wide) message count. Instead of getting the graph, I am getting the "Data not yet available" picture.

My first thought was that the graphic was not being generated, but it is indeed being made. I have the full host of gifs in logger/db/work, all of which have fresh timestamps. This includes a mta.server-fqdn.Message_Count.gif

So, I decided to inspect the contents of the admin console's page and I noticed it has a link to:
    https://server-fqdn:7071/service/statsimg/mta.,server-fqdn,.year.Message_Count.gif?rand=,0.7448536921940165

Links for things like the month graph, and the byte count, etc are like:
    https://server-fqdn:7071/service/statsimg/mta.server-fqdn.month.Message_Count.gif?rand=0.89324868924595 4
    https://server-fqdn:7071/service/statsimg/mta.server-fqdn.year.Message_Bytes.gif?rand=0.654404453825367 3

Note the commas (,) in the link for the year chart. It looks like someone is doing a bad join on some elements in the code.

This is on Release 5.0.5_GA_2201.SLES10_64_20080417002809 SLES10_64 NETWORK edition, but I was also seeing the same behavior in 5.0.4. Has anyone else noted the same problem on this or other platforms?

I have created a bug entry for this at Bug 27664 - Server message count year graphic not displayed, but it doesn't seemed to have received much attention, not that it is exactly a killer issue.

-Jonathan

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Welcome to the forums.

You should also a) vote on the bug and b) raise a support case and get that attached to your bug entry and they will both give added weight to that bug. Thanks for filing it.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

JonathanDelgado is offline Junior Member

Hah, I didn't realize I needed to vote on my own bug! I will look into submitting a case, although I am unsure if I would be burning one of a limited allowance of cases as covered by my support.

As an additional note: There is another quirk it seems in the link the the system wide message count for the year, but the superfluous comma is in a less problematic place:
    https://server-fqdn:7071/service/statsimg/mta.ALL.year.Message_Count.gif?rand=,0.013510151503941081

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanDelgado View Post
    Hah, I didn't realize I needed to vote on my own bug! I will look into submitting a case, although I am unsure if I would be burning one of a limited allowance of cases as covered by my support.
    There is no limit on the number of cases you can raise that relate to bug or enhancements in Zimbra.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

mmorse is offline Moderator

Thread Information