Thread: Changing port

webweaver is offline Junior Member

Default Changing port

I've got my first install of Zimbra Community on a hotrod server for a client, its working wonderfully! During setup I set the ports, etc, in that nice menu right before saving the config file. Is that menu available by command anywhere besides during setup? I ask because I set the Zimbra services to 80 and 443 per default but now I want to use the Apache server on my centos host for the clients website and move the zimbra services to different ports. I saw a post here that described how to switch things on Ubuntu but I haven't been able to figure out things in centos. Right now, zimbra.client.com is the normal interface, and https://zimbra.client.com is the admin site. What I want now is for apache to answer to www.client.com on port 80 and zimbra apache to be be running on port 8080 or something. I can make www.client.com/webmail redirect to the correct port without any trouble, and /admin could do the same thing with simple pages in their website but I cannot get apache to start on 80 now since zimbra is there. I'm sure this is a common question, I searched and found a few things but if someone can tell me or point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Quad Zeon, 4 gig ram, 250 gig raid1, 250 gig /backup disk
    CentOS 5.1
    ZCS 5.0.2

Partially linux fluent, zimbra newbie administrator...

Klug is offline Moderator

You should find everything you need in the wiki : Zimbra with Apache using mod jk - mod proxy - mod proxy ajp - Zimbra :: Wiki

webweaver is offline Junior Member

Thats the post I referred to but..., "These instructions include the commands to use under Ubuntu Linux, which may need to be modified slightly under other distributions.". I'm afraid I'm not quite there in translating ubuntu to centos unfortunately. zmprov has me totally confused. If I just change the zimbra port to 8080, apache should start on 80 and act like a normal apache, no? That menu system in setup should be available I would think for us novices?

Klug is offline Moderator

zmprov works the same under any OS.

If you just want to change ZCS' webUI port, you can use zmprov, no need to setup mod_proxy :
    Code:
    su - zimbra
    zmprov ms yourserver.yourdomain tld zimbraMailPort 8080
    tomcat restart

Thread Information