Thread: [SOLVED] Upgrading from 5.0.4 to 5.0.5, commercial cert replaced with self-signed

shaver is offline Intermediate Member

Exclamation [SOLVED] Upgrading from 5.0.4 to 5.0.5, commercial cert replaced with self-signed

When I upgraded from 4.5.x to 5.0.4, my GoDaddy commercial cert stayed in place just fine, but now on the upgrade from 5.0.4 to 5.0.5 it was replaced with a new self-signed one.

Looks like zmsetup is looking in /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra instead of the previous location, /opt/zimbra/ssl/ssl

** Verifying /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.crt against /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.key
    XXXXX ERROR: Can't find private key /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.key

But I don't have a commercial.key there, just a .keystore and .csr.

I thought I might go into the cert manager in the admin console to add my commercial cert, but it will only let me generate a new one CSR, not install one I already have. And when I ask it to generate a new CSR, because what the heck, I get a 404 on

https://zimbra.off.net:7071/zimbraAd...?action=getCSR

Not sure what to do now, but I'd love to get SSL up and working again!

Again, to be clear, this is an upgrade from 5.0.4 to 5.0.5 that broke this, and the 4.5->5 migration was fine.

Mike

If I replace the existing CSR, I can generate a new one instead of getting a 404, but I can't re-key with GoDaddy because it's beyond the 30 day window.

Failed Commercial Cert Migration had the steps I needed to undo the damage, thankfully. Yay for Solarsail!

If someone at Zimbra wants my zmsetuplog, I'm happy to send it along; just drop me a note.

Mike

Thread Information