Thread: Lost Documents on 4.5.6

andreas_kc is offline Junior Member

Default Lost Documents on 4.5.6

Hey everyone!

We are currently on Zimbra open source running version 4.5.6 - We hope to update to 5.0.4 soon! Unfortunately, we had an issue today with a user losing some pages in the Documents[beta] tab. I have looked through the forum and bug lists with no luck in pinpointing an example. Can anyone else confirm what our problem might be? I'd like our users to be confident in using Zimbra to share documents, especially if this bug has been resolved in a later version.

The Notebook with lost pages was created on a user's machine under their main notebook. This created notebook was then shared with manager permissions to another user. This other user edited a page inside this share, clicked save, clicked the shared notebook, and 6 of the other pages in the share disappeared. The page that was saved was still there, but it was in some corrupted form.

Some of what is seen is Microsoft Word's proprietary junk that came from copy/pasting into Zimbra. This was not seen until the file became corrupted. About half of the page contents is just gone.

Snippet of what is seen in the saved page
    -------------------
    <!--[if !supportLists]-->v <!--[endif]-->NOT Premier Contractor or Premier Subcontractor policies

Effective 12/18/07 (new business)/ 2/16/08 (renewal) $23,000 Ind/Part/Officer

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

Effective 10/18/06 (new business)/ 12/17/06 (renewal) $22,000 Ind/Part/Officer

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-->
    --------------------------------------------

Snippet of page showing html code
    --------------------------------------------
    <p style="margin-left: 0.5in; text-indent: -0.5in;">&lt;!--[if !supportLists]--&gt;<span style="font-family: Wingdings;">v<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span>&lt;!--[endif]--&gt;<b><span style="font-family: 'Calisto MT';">NOT Premier Contractor
    Last edited by andreas_kc; 04-02-2008 at 11:04 AM.

JLee is offline Zimbra Employee

I would check the mailbox.log around the time the indident happened to gather any clues. If the Notebook has been shared with manager permission then the pages can be deleted by any sharees.

andreas_kc is offline Junior Member

I have looked in message.log and many of the logs... but there is nothing to show for it. I too often consider user's recollection of events, but I watched this happen and still that does not account for a corruption of the page itself.

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

hmm
    Are you able to access it locally via the URL https://server.domain.com/home/username/Notebook

Also, have you been able to repo this? If so, please file a bug.

Thread Information