Thread: [SOLVED] newly created theme not available via COS

xtremetoonz is offline Active Member

Cool [SOLVED] newly created theme not available via COS

We just downloaded the Network Trial and have it running very nicely. Everything seems to be running smooth. I have created a couple of themes with custom logos and they work fine when you change the UI via the user interface, but when you go into the COS be it a new COS or existing (including default) the new themes are not available. I have restarted ZCS, tried clearing cache, different browsers on Windows/Mac but it does not show up. Am I doing something wrong? The Wiki for creating themes does not apply to 5.x so it's possible I did something wrong. Please advise.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You'll find details on Zimbra Themes for version 5 on this wiki page, check that and see if you've missed any steps.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default Themes not matching/How can you delete a skin?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    You'll find details on Zimbra Themes for version 5 on this wiki page, check that and see if you've missed any steps.
    I found some of the bug reports that show if you zmskindeploy in the same directory as the skin with a directory the same name it will overwrite itself and delete the dir. I created my skin, zipped it up, and deployed (then of course zmmailboxdctl restart). Now I am getting different theme results from the user UI then I do from the admin UI in the COS. In fact a temporary skin I created and deleted is still showing up.

1. Is there a proper way to delete a theme besides deleting the dir and reloading Zimbra?

2. Is the latest patched zmskindeploy in version 5.0.4_GA_2101.RHEL4 and if so, why is "find: img: No such file or directory" still returned? I see this as being a consistent problem in previous posts and bug reports.

mmorse is offline Moderator

Is just the name just still showing up in the drop down lists? (zmprov mcf -zimbraInstalledSkin skinName)
    Or can they actually load? (stop the server then empty /opt/zimbra/jetty/work/)

Though it seems you've found them already, Bug 24048 - zmskindeploy: errors when deploying new skin was fixed in 5.0.4 (calling jetty vs zmmailboxdctl & actually restart is now directions rather than automatic so admins don't accidentally restart their production machines) another tiny issue appeared: Bug 26496 - zmskindeploy doesn't work if the skin to deploy foldr is in the skins directory (an easy workaround as the title describes)

Did you have an 'img' folder?

I believe you can pretty much ignore the 'no such file or directory' on the img folder if you don't have one, but if you get the same message on /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/webapps/zimbra/skins/skinName then you've hit bug 26496.

zmskindeploy:
    # Runs the Image Merge process on your skin, so images will be served efficiently,
    # Enables the skin for all users of your ZWC deployment, and
    # Restarts the web server, so it recognizes the new skin. (retired)
    Last edited by mmorse; 04-05-2008 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Did you have an img folder?

Default skin issue solved?

I believe we have resolved the skin issue. We were running on CentOS and moved over to Ubuntu. I also managed to delete all the previously created skins. Got the skin list back to a default install and started over. I now have my 2 new skins listed in both the userUI and adminUI and can be assigned/limited in the COS. Maybe the OS was the issue?

Thread Information