Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] 5.0.4 Upgrade Issues - Logger, Shared Spam

Cryophallion is offline Senior Member

Default [SOLVED] 5.0.4 Upgrade Issues - Logger, Shared Spam

First, I understand I am using an unsupported version of Ubuntu, so I may not get much help, but I figured I'd raise the issue in case it is affecting others with supported versions. I also use the zimbra server for file serving and print serving, and I had previous problems with drivers for one of the printers which were resolved with 7.10, so I moved to 7.10.

The move from 5.0.2 to 5.0.4 was the first that required --platform-override, which I am assuming is due to the fact that it was an unsupported version. However, I have had no problems with previous updates, so the below problems struck me as a little odd.

First, I check my email this morning. I have a shared folder to another account so we can all access that email. I usually can click junk for that account and have it move the mail to its junk folder without me having to log into the other account. Today I got a permissions error for doing that. I was able to delete it just fine though.

In the admin console, it says logger is not installed, although zmcontrol -status says it is, and it is running. The graphs show up for spam, etc, but stop where I did the upgrade yesterday.

These are relatively minor things, although I would like to get them resolved. Is there anyone else who has had these issues?

P.S. - I am not reporting these as bugs since it is happening on an unsupported version.
    Last edited by Cryophallion; 03-28-2008 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Added reason for not reporting bug

uxbod is offline Moderator

Would you be so kind as to check your Log Files - Zimbra :: Wiki for any errors please. Without these it is sometimes a needle in haystack and would help us to isolate your problem

Attached is the hopefully redacted log file from the upgrade. I didn't see any errors.

Since the wiki says may not be applicable to 5.0, I hadn't bothered to look... sorry about that.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hmmm, looks okay. Could you check /var/log/zimbra.log and the logs in /opt/zimbra/log for any that have error messages since your upgrade please.

Weird....

So, I open up /var/log/zimbra.log

It gave me info from last night just before the upgrade, and nothing else. This makes sense, as supposedly the logger isn't running.

5 seconds later, I get a notice that the log file changed on disk in gedit. I clicked reload. Nothing happened. Then, a minute later, updated logging info started being generated. I have no idea what started this, but it seems the logger is functioning now.

As people have now started work, I cannot shut down the server to see if it restarts correctly now. I will check and see if it works after the cold backup tonight.

Stupid electrons...

I'll let you know if the spam thing is resolved later also.

P.S. - I will wait for the results tomorrow before marking as solved.
    Last edited by Cryophallion; 03-28-2008 at 04:48 AM. Reason: added solved comment

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Cryophallion View Post
    P.S. - I am not reporting these as bugs since it is happening on an unsupported version.
    You can still report them as bugs and I would urge you to do that if you have bugs. The first port of call should always be the forums to see if anyone else has the problem or perhaps a solution. The 'unsupported' just means that there's no official support for it and that we have not built nor tested a version for that operating system.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hmmm, it is possible a cronjob just kicked in.

Spam still an issue:

Permission denied. msg: permission denied: you do not have sufficient permissions
    code: service.PERM_DENIED
    method: ConvActionRequest
    detail: soap:Sender
    trace: btpool0-1:1206714296425:f3dbdd61151e9b61

However, I can still delete it.

As for the cron job, I checked it and it should have gone earlier. Maybe the server just wanted me to spend some quality time with it since was feeling alone.

where was that message generated ?

When viewing a shared mailbox, I click on a message, then click junk. The message pops up. Before, it would just move it to junk. If I hit delete, it still deletes just fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information