Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Exchange External Free/Busy Beta feature in 5.0.3

  1. #1
    digitaldan is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Exchange External Free/Busy Beta feature in 5.0.3

    This feature was just added to 5.0.3, I have followed the instructions from the admin help page but am having trouble getting it to work.

    I have entered our exchange URL, basic auth, a working user name (i have tried domain\user, user, and user@domain.com with no luck ) and password under the interop tab in global settings. Under a user account I enter their user@domain.com address thats on the exchange account under the user's interop tab. when I click "Push" all I get is a blank pop up box with an "Ok" button. I have played around with the global settings but I can't seem to get this to work, nor can I get any type of useful error message.

    Thanks
    Dan-

  2. #2
    JLee is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    add the following to log4j.properties for a bit more information in the log.

    log4j.logger.zimbra.fb=DEBUG

    In addition to the config you mentioned above, you also need to set zimbraFreebusyExchangeUserOrg as it appears in legacyExchangeDN, and also zimbraForeignPrincipal for *each* users.

  3. #3
    digitaldan is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JLee View Post
    add the following to log4j.properties for a bit more information in the log.

    log4j.logger.zimbra.fb=DEBUG

    In addition to the config you mentioned above, you also need to set zimbraFreebusyExchangeUserOrg as it appears in legacyExchangeDN, and also zimbraForeignPrincipal for *each* users.
    Thanks JLee, that helped. I had the legacyExchangeDN set for the user after doing a little homework on what that actually was. The error in the logs prints a dump of a xml dav message then the following error

    2008-03-22 09:15:30,432 ERROR [EXCHANGE Free/Busy Sync Queue] [] fb - cannot modify resource at http://exchange.mycompany.com/exchan..._cn=myname.EML

    I have replaced my actual company and username above with mycompany an myname . I went ahead and tried pasting that link in my browser, it properly asks for basic authentication, then gives a 404. Just trying to go to the http://exchange.mycompany.com/exchange/public/ gives a 404, is there something special on exchange that has to be turned on for this to work?

    Thanks
    Dan-

  4. #4
    digitaldan is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Ok, my problem was using the url exchange.mycompany.com/exchnage vs the correct URL exchange.mycompany.com. I still get the empty ok box when clicking the "push" button in the admin gui but the logs no longer show an error. Instead I see a xml message starting with
    Code:
    <D:propertyupdate xmlns:D="DAV:" xmlns:c="xml:" xmlns:b="http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/" xmlns:e="urn:uuid:c2f41010-65b3-11d1-a29f-00aa00c14882/">
    and containing 3 sections starting with
    Code:
     <b:0x68501102 e:dt="mv.bin.base64">
    This seems to work correctly except that I'm not sure what should be happening. My zimbra calendar items are not in my exchange calendar. What is the result of getting this to work? Will my Zimbra Calendar items be Pushed to exchange?
    Thanks
    Dan-

  5. #5
    digitaldan is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Does anyone have any ideas on this? I'm guessing zimbra is pushing some kind of binary representation of my free/busy info but exchange users are not able to see this. It is working in the other direction, I can see free/busy times for exchange users. There do not seem to be errors in the log files.

    thanks
    Dan-

  6. #6
    JLee is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Check the following attribute in <Dropertyupdate> request

    <b:0x6849001F>/o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=RECIPIENTS/cn=...</b:0x6849001F>

    The value should read exactly as the value of legacyExchangeDN of the contact representing the Zimbra user.

    Also open up Active Directory Users and Computers, locate the contact representing the Zimbra user, look at Email Addresses tab and Exchange General tab and make sure the email address is correct, and the alias is the same as cn in legacyExchangeDN.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Free/Busy for Remote Exchange Server
    By gmsmith in forum Administrators
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 02:18 PM
  2. Outlook 2007 Beta Overview
    By GregA in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 04:24 PM
  3. Pulling the GAL from external exchange server
    By nitewrap in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 02:48 PM
  4. Share Free/Busy With Exchange
    By kirme3 in forum Administrators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 08:32 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2005, 12:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •