Thread: Zimbra Admin Login Problem

neocrypter is offline Intermediate Member

is there a resolution to the tomcat issue yet? I am haveing this issue, I am running all the normal ports, I go to log in and get Invalid_PDU thats on the mail log in the admin log in dose not come up at all, I go to open it with debug and it looks as if the debug window opens and closes like 50 times in 1 second

marcmac is offline Expert Member

Default tomcat issue

There is a solution for the tomcat issue that Isi was having - it's posted in this thread.

If that's not the problem you're having, please post a more complete description, including the version of ZCS you've got installed.

Ok, I looked and found the solution, in this thread it did not work, I am running zcs-3.0.0_M4_62_FC4. If I try to log in to the client I am getting INVALID_PDU If
    If I go to the Admin section, I dont get the option to log in just a grey screen, thats in IE in both cases, if I try to open the admin pannel in FireFox it wants to download a file called zimbraAdmin the run window gives me this "application/octet-stream", if I try the debug in IE the window will not open, if I try and open it in firefox, it just wants to download the file I previously mentioned, I am very Lost.

KevinH is offline Expert Member

What is the FULL url you used to get to the admin console? You must use SSL.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

ok, yeah i missed the https, the debugger ran and gives me this
    Request
    Code:
      <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
    <soap:Header>
    <context xmlns="urn:zimbra">
    <format type="js"/>
    </context>
    </soap:Header>
    <soap:Body>
    <BatchRequest xmlns="urn:zimbra" onerror="continue">
    <GetVersionInfoRequest xmlns="urn:zimbraAdmin"/>
    <GetLicenseInfoRequest xmlns="urn:zimbraAdmin"/>
    </BatchRequest>
    </soap:Body>
    </soap:Envelope>
    Created RPC _rpcCtxt_0
    ROUND TRIP TIME: 16
    XML PARSE ERROR on RESPONSE:

Code:
    <parsererror xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/newlayout/xml/parsererror.xml">XML Parsing Error: mismatched tag. Expected: </HR>.
    Line Number 1, Column 999:<sourcetext><html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/5.5.7 - Error report</title><style><!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 404 - /service/admin/soap/</h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Status report</p><p><b>message</b> <u>/service/admin/soap/</u></p><p><b>description</b> <u>The requested resource (/service/admin/soap/) is not available.</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/5.5.7</h3></body></html>
    That was with Firefox
    in IE I just get the request box, no error but all I get is a Grey screen nothing more just like in ff

Any Ideas Guys??

KevinH is offline Expert Member

I split this issue off since it's unrelated to the other thread. Doesn't look like Zimbra is fully installed or Tomcat has started all the way. Can you take a look at /opt/zimbra/tomcat/logs/catalina.out This may have some clues.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Thread Information