Thread: [SOLVED] qmail-ldap integration error

bonoboslr is offline Special Member

Thumbs up [SOLVED] qmail-ldap integration error

Quote Originally Posted by graffiti View Post
    It has been two months from the last time I struggled with this problem. Today when I take a look at /var/log/zimbra.log, I see something like "mail.example.com [192.168.2.2]: netstring format error while receiving QMQP packet header". This is probably the reason why Postfix qmqpd doest accept email forwarded by my qmail-ldap's qmqpd. I have spended hours searching on Google but still no luck. I'm using qmail-ldap Release 20050401a. Please help.

-g
    I am also getting this error and cannot find anything on it... Any help will be appreciated.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bonoboslr View Post
    I am also getting this error and cannot find anything on it... Any help will be appreciated.
    You should have started a new thread with your problem instead of tagging it onto one that's fifteen months old. The problem is that the poster you've queted never followed up with any information and nether have you. How about some information on operating system, Zimbra version & release, any errors in the logs (please post full error messages), did you follow the instructions in the first post and under what circumstances do you get errors?

Post some details of your exact problems you're seeing and the steps you've taken to diagnose the problem..
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

bonoboslr is offline Special Member

Default Netstring format error [resolved]

Agreed and point taken. However, I have managed to track down what causes this and how it can be perceived to be an error.

OS - RHEL5
    ZimVer - 5.02
    Qmail-LDAP - 20060201

"netstring format error while receiving QMQP packet header" is a result of incorrect qmqp headers passed to postfix qmqpd service on port 628.

I managed to get this problem by telnet'ing to port 628 on the Zimbra postfix server. I did this because of some networking problems I was having.

It is not really a problem, just a case of not realising that I myself caused the error. The main cause of my problem however was that my two machines - the qmail-ldap and the zimbra server are both on 2 separate vlans and I never added both networks to the authorized qmqpd clients in main.cf.

thanks

Thread Information