Thread: web client not working after reboot

bdial is offline Moderator

Default web client not working after reboot

Just when I was getting comfortable with zimbra!

I was looking at proceses, and there was a java process that had a really long time and was perpetually sitting at the 50%+ of processor usage. I decided to reboot my zimbra mailbox server (i'm in a multi server setup)

I rebooted, and starting zimbra took a REALLY long time. I'm talking 2min+. This is a viretual machine with 4gig of ram and only 5 users right now. Now it's started, and theres still a java process sucking down the processor

3971 zimbra 20 0 1749m 156m 7296 S 71.6 4.1 3:51.81 java
    zimbra 3971 55.8 4.4 1794268 172688 ? Sl 12:50 4:03 /opt/zimbra/jdk1.6.0_04/bin/java -Xms1522m -Xmx1522m -client -XX:NewRatio=2 -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1 -Xss256k -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/zimbra/mailboxd/work -Djava.library.path=/opt/zimbra/lib -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/zimbra/mailboxd/common/endorsed -Dzimbra.config=/opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml -Djetty.home=/opt/zimbra/mailboxd -DSTART=/opt/zimbra/mailboxd/etc/start.config -jar /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/start.jar /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/etc/jetty.properties /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/etc/jetty-setuid.xml /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/etc/jetty.xml

I cannot connect to the web client eitehr. The browser stays at Connected to castor.domain.com... and hangs there

Well, the zimbra login screen just came up, but now it's sitting at trying to login for over am inute now.

I have tried restarting with zmcontrol, which again took about 2min+ per stop/start. zimbra says all processes are running in the syslog.

help?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I have to state the obvious here but you do realise that running Zimbra NE 5.x on any version of openSUSE is totally unsupported, you really should move to a supported platform.

How did you get to this state, was it an upgrade of an NE version on 10.2 or was it an upgrade on 10.3? Have you checked this how-to for openSUSE 10.3?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information