Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Session Expiring?

mjfleck2000 is offline Senior Member

Further interesting information:

In the Admin UI, under Class of Service, Default, Advanced; the options for Authorization Toke lifetime and Session idle timeout have hours and days in the drop down selection.

If I go to Account, anyuser, Advanced: the drop down select has days, hours, minutes,seconds for choices.

On a hunch, I set four different users with four different times:

12 seconds

12 minutes

12 hours

12 days

The user with 12 seconds could log in and then would be immediatly logged back out.

The user with 12 minutes could log in and then, after about 1 second, would be logged back out.

The user with 12 hours could log in and then, after about 1 minute, would be logged back out.

The user with 12 days could log in and then, after about 10-12 minutes, would be logged back out.

Using the zmprov ga user@domain command, all users showed the correct zimbraAuthTokeLifetime ie, 12s, 12m,12h,12d.

Mike

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Looks like we've got this bug:

http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=5515

It'll be fixed in the next release.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

furball4 is offline Intermediate Member

I don't think my timeout periods are being artificially shortened, but there is still a huge problem with this implementation: when I am logged out forcefully by the application I lose anything I am working on. I just spent ten minutes composing an email and lost it all to a session timeout. In my opinion, no known 'feature' should cause the loss of unsaved data in such a fashion. If you are going to dump people out of the program (and 99.9999% of the time they are going to be legit users) then please autosave their work first!

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by furball4 View Post
    I don't think my timeout periods are being artificially shortened, but there is still a huge problem with this implementation: when I am logged out forcefully by the application I lose anything I am working on. I just spent ten minutes composing an email and lost it all to a session timeout. In my opinion, no known 'feature' should cause the loss of unsaved data in such a fashion. If you are going to dump people out of the program (and 99.9999% of the time they are going to be legit users) then please autosave their work first!
    The appropriate place for these comments would be bugzilla, don't forget to see if it's already listed as an enhancement.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

furball4 is offline Intermediate Member

True. I guess I was waiting for enlightenment or something before adding it as a bug. It's only happened once to me, but I figured it must have happened to someone else. I thought maybe we'd pass some pitchforks around and make a mob of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information