Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 659

Thread: [SOLVED] Yet Another Backup Script for Community Version

  1. #541
    mailman1175 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFong View Post
    I'm guessing you're running from the command line. The cronjob actually forces bash. You can force bash from the command line:
    Code:
    /bin/bash -c '/usr/local/sbin/zmbak.sh -f > /var/log/zim_backup.log 2>&1'
    This produced the same results as before.

  2. #542
    mailman1175 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Ran the script with encryption turned off and it ran without a hitch. Encryption isn't strictly necessary, but I'm curious about what it is in these scripts that prevents that.

  3. #543
    Eclipse is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mailman1175 View Post
    As far as I can tell, neither of the scripts are version-specific. I'm using zmbak_v.0.8.sh and zmDBbac.sh (0.5 alpha).
    So do you mean to say that it works with ZCS 7?

  4. #544
    mailman1175 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    So do you mean to say that it works with ZCS 7?
    No. I mean to say neither of the scripts specify that they are designed to work only with certain versions. Nor do they say that they will NOT work with certain versions. It may be the case that the scripts do not work with ZCS 7. It would be useful for the persons who posted the scripts in this thread to indicate with which versions they are compatible.

  5. #545
    LaFong is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mailman1175 View Post
    No. I mean to say neither of the scripts specify that they are designed to work only with certain versions. Nor do they say that they will NOT work with certain versions. It may be the case that the scripts do not work with ZCS 7. It would be useful for the persons who posted the scripts in this thread to indicate with which versions they are compatible.
    The script(s) are working with ZCS 7 for many others.
    The problem is happening here:
    Code:
      if [ "$CRYPT" = "yes" ]
        then
            KEY=`cat "$PASSDIR""$PASSFILE"`
            if [ "$FILTERLIST" = "yes" ]
            then
                nice -19 $DAR_BIN -K bf:$KEY -l "$ARCHIVEDIR""$ARCHIVENAME" -Q | grep -v "\[     \]       \[-----\]" \
                > "$ARCHIVEDIR""$ARCHIVENAME".txt && gzip -9 "$ARCHIVEDIR""$ARCHIVENAME".txt                                                     
              else
                nice -19 $DAR_BIN -K bf:$KEY -l "$ARCHIVEDIR""$ARCHIVENAME" -Q \
                > "$ARCHIVEDIR""$ARCHIVENAME".txt && gzip -9 "$ARCHIVEDIR""$ARCHIVENAME".txt
              fi
        else
    The "Unknown argument : &" is likely related to the gzip'ing of the filelist, which follows the creation of the filelist. The "&&" in the code performs the next command if the first command is successful. The first command is probably not successful because of some issue with the encryption key, e.g. it was never set on install. Did you enter the encryption password during the install? It will never even ask you for the encryption password if you have it set to CRYPT="no" (the default) during install. The script should check for the key before attempting to decrypt, which I'd call a bug. You can manually set the encryption key if you like.
    Last edited by LaFong; 02-11-2012 at 10:58 PM.

  6. #546
    mailman1175 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFong View Post
    The "Unknown argument : &" is likely related to the gzip'ing of the filelist, which follows the creation of the filelist. The "&&" in the code performs the next command if the first command is successful. The first command is probably not successful because of some issue with the encryption key, e.g. it was never set on install. Did you enter the encryption password during the install? It will never even ask you for the encryption password if you have it set to CRYPT="no" (the default) during install. The script should check for the key before attempting to decrypt, which I'd call a bug. You can manually set the encryption key if you like.
    Thanks, LaFong, et al, for your help. I appreciate each of you taking time to answer the questions of an ignorant n00b. I don't know of any better way to learn, though, than by asking questions and fixing things I've broken. Better to do so with my own mail than with someone else's.

    I don't recall the script asking for an encryption passphrase when I installed it the first time. I bounced back to a pre-install condition to try to go through the process again to make sure I didn't miss something (I did).

    That leads me first to a question about the install process, so I'd like to back up a bit if that's ok.

    When I run zmbak --INSTALL, the script wants to install mailx, using mta-dummy, and it points to a Zimbra forums post on installing mailx without postfix. Testing the instructions in that post (which are for Ubuntu 6.06; I'm on 10.04):

    Code:
    aptitude --safe-resolver --show-why install mailx
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Reading extended state information
    Initializing package states... Done
    "mailx" is a virtual package provided by:
      mailutils heirloom-mailx bsd-mailx
    You must choose one to install.
    This is where I ran into some other difficulties previously. Big problems. (I broke postfix. Told ya I wasn't a sysadmin. I'm learning everything the hard way.) So: Does it matter which of these packages I install? Or is the crucial step editing /etc/mail.rc, as mentioned in the other post to which I referred? (I know I neglected that part last time... #facepalm)

    Now, encryption: Let's assume I get the mailx dependency satisfied successfully and install the script again. If the script doesn't prompt me for an encryption passphrase, how do I go about setting the key manually?
    Last edited by mailman1175; 02-12-2012 at 10:34 AM.

  7. #547
    blason is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    By the way guys; just wanted to know if anybody has every tried ZMBKPOSE script with OS version? They claim it does a Hot backup and Restore is it really possible or can that be possible with this script?

    Do let me know if any body has ever tried this before, I would love to hear the experiences before I try this in production environment.

    here is the Link

    HOT Backup and HOT Restore - Zimbra :: Wiki

  8. #548
    LaFong is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mailman1175 View Post
    When I run zmbak --INSTALL, the script wants to install mailx, using mta-dummy, and it points to a Zimbra forums post on installing mailx without postfix. Testing the instructions in that post (which are for Ubuntu 6.06; I'm on 10.04):

    Code:
    aptitude --safe-resolver --show-why install mailx
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Reading extended state information
    Initializing package states... Done
    "mailx" is a virtual package provided by:
      mailutils heirloom-mailx bsd-mailx
    You must choose one to install.
    This is where I ran into some other difficulties previously. Big problems. (I broke postfix. Told ya I wasn't a sysadmin. I'm learning everything the hard way.)
    Postfix is part of Zimbra, so you'd need to be specific...did Ubuntu postfix get enabled somehow?
    So: Does it matter which of these packages I install? Or is the crucial step editing /etc/mail.rc, as mentioned in the other post to which I referred?
    I'm not sure which one is better...probably the one which presents less hassle. I'd guess mailutils. The script relies on mail(x), which in turn relies on sendmail, so both steps are necessary.
    Now, encryption: Let's assume I get the mailx dependency satisfied successfully and install the script again. If the script doesn't prompt me for an encryption passphrase, how do I go about setting the key manually?
    Set the PASSDIR and PASSFILE variables in the script as desired, then create password file. By default, the "noread" file is saved in the /etc/zmbak.sh directory. The commands below assume you are using the defaults. You must match the script with the names used below.
    Code:
                mkdir -vp -m 600 /etc/zmbak.sh
                touch /etc/zmbak.sh/noread
                chmod 600 /etc/zmbak.sh/noread
                echo mypassword > /etc/zmbak.sh/noread

  9. #549
    LaFong is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blason View Post
    By the way guys; just wanted to know if anybody has every tried ZMBKPOSE script with OS version? They claim it does a Hot backup and Restore is it really possible or can that be possible with this script?

    Do let me know if any body has ever tried this before, I would love to hear the experiences before I try this in production environment.

    here is the Link

    HOT Backup and HOT Restore - Zimbra :: Wiki
    This is one of several scripts which take advantage of Zimbra's built-in user backup. I have not tried it, it looks pretty good. The advantage of this approach is restoring a single user is easier. It keeps a .tgz file for each user, which is easily imported. This version even does incremental backups. The disadvantage is that this method is not a substitute for true backup. Per the wiki page: "This tool DOES NOT DO disaster recovery." It doesn't back up any of the rest of Zimbra. If you do a full Zimbra backup plus this script, you are storing two copies of all the user data. Several people are using this general method for per-user backup, it does not overwrite any Zimbra stuff, so should work on a production server. I would still experiment on a test server first.

    The script in this thread can also do per-user backup and restore, http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...ost186403.html. I have tested on my small server, but not on a large multi-store-volume server.

  10. #550
    blason is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Has any body tries with tar -zcvf instead on dar on CentOS or RHEL? Does any one have the updated version?

Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Zimbra Backup Script ... Small Problem
    By frankb in forum Administrators
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 08:40 AM
  2. Debian - Upgrade from 4.5.6
    By magikman in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 12:59 PM
  3. Backup script issues
    By SSS in forum Administrators
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 09:56 AM
  4. 4.0.4 to 4.5.6 upgrade failed in network edition
    By chenthil in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 09:36 AM
  5. [SOLVED] Simple backup question...
    By dameron in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 09:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •