Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 659

Thread: [SOLVED] Yet Another Backup Script for Community Version

  1. #471
    LaFong is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gvillaran View Post
    oh aright, can u post the script again? with the corrections, so i can go and test it again?
    Posted. I edited the original post. I'm only testing with tiny dars, so hopefully it'll work right this time.

  2. #472
    gvillaran is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Peru
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    uhm weird i tested and got the same result.

    when u say the original post, is the script that u posted in your reply in the previous page right?
    Last edited by gvillaran; 04-12-2011 at 02:07 PM.

  3. #473
    secnix is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Fail to run backup

    Hi,

    I have a clean CentOS 5.3 i386 with ZCS 6.0.12_GA installed. There're just a few accounts on the server.

    I tried to run the zmbak_v0.8.sh downloaded from the author site but failed. Here's the log:

    Code:
    [root@mail Backup]# ./zmbak_v.0.8.sh -f
    ============================
    Wed Apr 13 11:13:35 PDT 2011
    Performing FULL backup
    ============================
    full Backup started at: Wed Apr 13 11:13:36 PDT 2011
    No old backups found
    Setting date & version Marker into /opt/zimbra/DATE_VERSION.txt
    Doing a hotsync of /opt/zimbra/ to /tmp/fakebackup/
    Disabling the Zimbra crontab...
    Stopping the Zimbra server...
    
    Host mail.test.com
            Stopping stats...Done.
            Stopping mta...Done.
            Stopping spell...Done.
            Stopping snmp...Done.
            Stopping archiving...Done.
            Stopping antivirus...Done.
            Stopping antispam...Done.
            Stopping imapproxy...Done.
            Stopping memcached...Done.
            Stopping mailbox...Done.
            Stopping logger...Done.
            Stopping ldap...Done.
    Had to kill some left over procs...
    Doing a fast cold sync...
    Reinstating Zimbra's crontab...
    Starting Zimbra...
    Host mail.test.com
            Starting ldap...Done.
            Starting logger...Done.
            Starting mailbox...Done.
            Starting memcached...Done.
            Starting antispam...Done.
            Starting antivirus...Done.
            Starting snmp...Done.
            Starting spell...Done.
            Starting mta...Done.
            Starting stats...Done.
    Service down time was - Hr:0 Min:4 Sec:30
    Running A hack... This one to check and start Stats subsystem
    Hack not needed Stats seems to be running fine...
    Writing a full backup: 15_ZimbraBackup_20110413_FULL
    into: /Backup/zimbra_dars/ with file sizes of max: 4395M
    Saving Unencrtyped Archive...
    /usr/bin/dar: symbol lookup error: /usr/bin/dar: undefined symbol: _ZN6libdar12tools_printfEPKcz
    Dar had a problem!
    Null message body; hope that's ok
    /usr/sbin/sendmail: No such file or directory
    I already installed the Dar from dar-2.3.9-1.i386.rpm - CentOS 5 (RHEL 5) - Download

    I just need to automate cold backups of Zimbra with minimum time of downtime (no need for compress and encrypt). Do you have any suggestion?

    Thanks,
    SN

  4. #474
    LaFong is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    [QUOTE=secnix;215036]Hi,

    Code:
    /usr/bin/dar: symbol lookup error: /usr/bin/dar: undefined symbol: _ZN6libdar12tools_printfEPKcz
    Dar had a problem!
    Null message body; hope that's ok
    /usr/sbin/sendmail: No such file or directory
    I already installed the Dar from dar-2.3.9-1.i386.rpm - CentOS 5 (RHEL 5) - Download

    Do you have any suggestion?
    You may have runtime library issues. You could try updating the bindings:
    Code:
    sudo /sbin/ldconfig
    If that does not work, you can try a different dar install.
    Remove the current dar package. Then, I would either get the slightly older EPEL package:
    http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...2.el5.i386.rpm
    or download the latest source and do a manual build and install.

    You might be missing sendmail (from CentOS repo) too.
    Last edited by LaFong; 04-13-2011 at 02:36 PM.

  5. #475
    secnix is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    [QUOTE=LaFong;215047]
    Quote Originally Posted by secnix View Post
    Hi,


    You may have runtime library issues. You could try updating the bindings:
    Code:
    sudo /sbin/ldconfig
    If that does not work, you can try a different dar install.
    Remove the current dar package. Then, I would either get the slightly older EPEL package:
    http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...2.el5.i386.rpm
    or download the latest source and do a manual build and install.

    You might be missing sendmail (from CentOS repo) too.
    Thanks, I'll try that.

    Btw, can Sendmail still run well with Zimbra installed. I saw port conflict when I installed Zimbra so I stopped the Sendmail.

    Regards,
    SN

  6. #476
    LaFong is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    [QUOTE=secnix;215048]
    Quote Originally Posted by LaFong View Post

    Thanks, I'll try that.

    Btw, can Sendmail still run well with Zimbra installed. I saw port conflict when I installed Zimbra so I stopped the Sendmail.
    Yes, I know. This:
    Code:
    /usr/sbin/sendmail: No such file or directory
    made me think the sendmail binary might be missing. But, perhaps it's referring to a different missing file.

  7. #477
    gvillaran is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Peru
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    [QUOTE=LaFong;215049]
    Quote Originally Posted by secnix View Post
    Yes, I know. This:
    Code:
    /usr/sbin/sendmail: No such file or directory
    made me think the sendmail binary might be missing. But, perhaps it's referring to a different missing file.
    If your talking about the script email error u dont need to install Sendmail, just install mail or mailx, if you use mailx like me you need to add :

    set sendmail=/opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/sendmail

    to the nail.rc in /etc so you can use mailx with the zimbra without installing sendmail.
    if you gonna use mail i think the file is mail.rc instead.

  8. #478
    secnix is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Thanks for help,

    Can you take a look at this topic too Simple backup script for OSE version

    I'm trying to find a safe backup solution for my server with about 40GB of data, so I have to test all those scripts available on Wiki.

    Regards,
    SN

  9. #479
    LaFong is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by secnix View Post
    Thanks for help,

    Can you take a look at this topic too Simple backup script for OSE version

    I'm trying to find a safe backup solution for my server with about 40GB of data, so I have to test all those scripts available on Wiki.
    Have you looked at Zimbra logs, instead of the backup script logs?
    I'm assuming you're using the log option, which adds a pause, "sleep 10", in the zimbra_stop function. You could increase the sleep time.
    You could also insert after the sleep 10 something like:
    Code:
    echo "Status of processes being stopped" >> $ZimLogFile
    sudo -u zimbra zmcontrol status >> $ZimLogFile
    That would show you if all the Zimbra processes are getting stopped successfully. If they are, then you're looking at a startup failure post-backup. For that, check the Zimbra logs, in /opt/zimbra/log or /var/log/zimbra.log or /var/log/messages.

  10. #480
    secnix is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFong View Post
    Have you looked at Zimbra logs, instead of the backup script logs?
    I'm assuming you're using the log option, which adds a pause, "sleep 10", in the zimbra_stop function. You could increase the sleep time.
    You could also insert after the sleep 10 something like:
    Code:
    echo "Status of processes being stopped" >> $ZimLogFile
    sudo -u zimbra zmcontrol status >> $ZimLogFile
    That would show you if all the Zimbra processes are getting stopped successfully. If they are, then you're looking at a startup failure post-backup. For that, check the Zimbra logs, in /opt/zimbra/log or /var/log/zimbra.log or /var/log/messages.
    I've solved the problem, thanks . It's a little strange with the command
    Code:
    sudo -u zimbra /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcontrol start
    When I use it to start Zimbra, the service logger won't start. So I try the
    Code:
    su zimbra -c "zmcontrol start"
    then it works. Still wondering why

Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Zimbra Backup Script ... Small Problem
    By frankb in forum Administrators
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 08:40 AM
  2. Debian - Upgrade from 4.5.6
    By magikman in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 12:59 PM
  3. Backup script issues
    By SSS in forum Administrators
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 09:56 AM
  4. 4.0.4 to 4.5.6 upgrade failed in network edition
    By chenthil in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 09:36 AM
  5. [SOLVED] Simple backup question...
    By dameron in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 09:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •