Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 659

Thread: [SOLVED] Yet Another Backup Script for Community Version

  1. #141
    heinzg is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetorres View Post
    Heinzg - Please post in this thread the link to the new host when ready.

    Thanks

    By the way I am using your script because it fits my needs and the other scripts do not. I hope the new version stayed backward compatible with the old version.
    The new version will not be compatible sorry, this is due to new feature sets that will be built in.
    The main problem with compatibility will be that in the new version encryption of the dar archives will not be suported due to a limitation in dar itself.

    So if you would like to be able to restore (will be a release feature) from the script older archives then do not use the encryption option for them.


    I will soon also post a restore script which will be able to deal with archives created with the current script
    Motions of a day at work -

  2. #142
    qhartman is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Hi there, glad to see my modifications are getting out there. If anyone is having troubles with the revised version of the script, feel free to post here or DM me. Now that Heinz has alerted me to the revived activity, I'll be paying attention.


  3. #143
    sevilla is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    i downloaded zmback_v.0.5 and when i run i got this log:


    diff Backup started at: 18:39
    Setting date & version Marker into /opt/zimbra/DATE_VERSION.txt
    Doing a hotsync of /opt/zimbra/ to /tmp/fakebackup/
    Disabling the Zimbra crontab...
    Stopping the Zimbra server...

    Host zimbratest.ucol.mx
    Stopping stats...Done
    Stopping mta...Done
    Stopping spell...Done
    Stopping snmp...Done
    Stopping archiving...Done
    Stopping antivirus...Done
    Stopping antispam...Done
    Stopping imapproxy...Done
    Stopping mailbox...Done
    Stopping logger...Done
    Stopping ldap...Done
    Doing a fast cold sync...
    Reinstating Zimbra's crontab...
    Starting Zimbra...
    Host zimbratest.ucol.mx
    Starting ldap...Done.
    Starting logger...FAILED
    Starting mysqld...done.
    Starting logswatch...failed.


    Starting mailbox...Done.
    Starting antispam...Done.
    Starting antivirus...Done.
    Starting snmp...Done.
    Starting spell...Done.
    Starting mta...Done.
    Starting stats...Done.
    There was an error starting Zimbra!
    mail: postfix/sbin/sendmail: No such file or directory
    Can't send mail: sendmail process failed


    no archives found in /Backup .. all files are in /tmp/fakebackup

    Release 5.0.18_GA_3011.UBUNTU8 UBUNTU8 FOSS edition

  4. #144
    borngunners is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I have an error message after using the backup script:

    root@uhealth:/usr/local/etc# ./zimbackup.sh
    ./zimbackup.sh: line 38: syntax error near unexpected token `mta.'
    ./zimbackup.sh: line 38: `mta.'

    I am not sure what the error message means. I looked at the code on line 38 there was nothing about mta. I am confuse

  5. #145
    heinzg is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sevilla View Post
    i downloaded zmback_v.0.5 and when i run i got this log:


    diff Backup started at: 18:39
    Setting date & version Marker into /opt/zimbra/DATE_VERSION.txt
    Doing a hotsync of /opt/zimbra/ to /tmp/fakebackup/
    Disabling the Zimbra crontab...
    Stopping the Zimbra server...

    Host zimbratest.ucol.mx
    Stopping stats...Done
    Stopping mta...Done
    Stopping spell...Done
    Stopping snmp...Done
    Stopping archiving...Done
    Stopping antivirus...Done
    Stopping antispam...Done
    Stopping imapproxy...Done
    Stopping mailbox...Done
    Stopping logger...Done
    Stopping ldap...Done
    Doing a fast cold sync...
    Reinstating Zimbra's crontab...
    Starting Zimbra...
    Host zimbratest.ucol.mx
    Starting ldap...Done.
    Starting logger...FAILED
    Starting mysqld...done.
    Starting logswatch...failed.


    Starting mailbox...Done.
    Starting antispam...Done.
    Starting antivirus...Done.
    Starting snmp...Done.
    Starting spell...Done.
    Starting mta...Done.
    Starting stats...Done.
    There was an error starting Zimbra!
    mail: postfix/sbin/sendmail: No such file or directory
    Can't send mail: sendmail process failed


    no archives found in /Backup .. all files are in /tmp/fakebackup

    Release 5.0.18_GA_3011.UBUNTU8 UBUNTU8 FOSS edition
    hi there,

    I would need more info: OS used; config section of the backup script; maybe zimbra version
    Motions of a day at work -

  6. #146
    heinzg is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by borngunners View Post
    I have an error message after using the backup script:

    root@uhealth:/usr/local/etc# ./zimbackup.sh
    ./zimbackup.sh: line 38: syntax error near unexpected token `mta.'
    ./zimbackup.sh: line 38: `mta.'

    I am not sure what the error message means. I looked at the code on line 38 there was nothing about mta. I am confuse
    hi there,

    I would need more info: OS used; config section of the backup script; maybe zimbra version
    Motions of a day at work -

  7. #147
    borngunners is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    My OS is ubuntu 8.04 and the zimbra version is 5. I am not sure about what you mean by config section of the backup script?

  8. #148
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,201
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by borngunners View Post
    I am not sure about what you mean by config section of the backup script?
    At the beginning portion of the script there are several variables that you may have modified - that's the configuration section that heinzg needs to see.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  9. #149
    borngunners is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    *note* I have the script stored in /usr/local/etc/. Does it matter where the script is stored and run?
    This is the configuration
    #--- Directories ---#
    ZM_HOME=/opt/zimbra/
    SYNC_DIR=/srv/zimbackup/sync/
    ARCHIVEDIR=/srv/backup/zimbackup/
    TO_MEDIA_DIR=/srv/backup/burn/

    #--- PROGRAM OPTIONS ---#
    RSYNC_OPTS="-aHK --delete --exclude=*.pid" # leave these unless you are sure you need something else

    #--- ARCHIVE NAMES ---#
    BACKUPNAME="Zimbra_Backup" # what you want your backups called
    FULL_PREFIX="FULL" # prefix used for full backups
    DIFF_PREFIX="DIFF" # prefix used for differential backups
    BACKUPDATE=`date +%d-%B-%Y` # date format used in archive names
    BACKUPWEEK=`date +%W` # Week prefix used for backup weekly rotation and naming

    #--- ARCHIVE SIZE ---#
    ARCHIVESIZE="4395M" # storage media size, for full-backup archiving
    COMPRESS="9" # valid answers are 1 - 9 ( 9 = best )

    #--- Encryption Options ---#
    CRYPT="yes" # valid answers are "yes" or "no"
    PASSDIR=/etc/ # the directory the encryption hash is stored in.
    PASSFILE="passwd" # the file containing the password hash

    #--- Log Settings ---#
    EMAIL="admin@test.com" # the address to send logs to
    EMAILCC="" # another address to send to
    LOG="/var/log/zim_backup.log" # log location

    #--- SSH REMOTE DR COPY ---#
    DRCP="yes" # valid answers are "yes" or "no"
    SSHUSER="admin" # recommend creating a user on the remote machine just for transferring backups
    SSHKEY="rsa" # recommended answers are "rsa" or "dsa" but "rsa1" is also valid.
    REMOTEHOST="remote.test.com" # can use IP too
    REMOTEDIR="/tmp/" # where you want your backups saved.

    #--- Use Hacks? ---#
    # Built in hacks to fix common problems
    #Hack to start Stats, even run zmlogprocess if needed
    STATHACK="yes" # valid answers are "yes" or "no"

  10. #150
    jetorres is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Multiple DAR files error

    Quote Originally Posted by heinzg View Post
    can you be a bit more specific about the problem and usage of the script... maybe post the config section so i try it on my side.
    Please refere to post from member "vdd" stamped 08-05-2009, 02:02 AM, permalink #136.

    When a system is big enough the ARCHIVESIZE produces multiple DAR files. In the section code for line 996 the DAR files are verified.
    Got down to: "# Create MD5 Checksums to verify archives after writing to media or network transfers"
    The code used is [-e $FILENAME] but the $FILENAME variable has a list of file names as $FILENAME='ls -A ...*'

    This causes the Not Found error "This should not happen", but the files indeed exist.

    To solve the error a 'for loop' may be used but I think the error is propagated on later code sections so the changes required should be made by an experience bash programmer.


    Cordially

    Jose
    Last edited by jetorres; 09-18-2009 at 11:36 AM.

Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Zimbra Backup Script ... Small Problem
    By frankb in forum Administrators
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 08:40 AM
  2. Debian - Upgrade from 4.5.6
    By magikman in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 12:59 PM
  3. Backup script issues
    By SSS in forum Administrators
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 09:56 AM
  4. 4.0.4 to 4.5.6 upgrade failed in network edition
    By chenthil in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 09:36 AM
  5. [SOLVED] Simple backup question...
    By dameron in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 09:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •