Thread: Please help! One user (only) stuck at "Loading..."

intrepidsilence is offline Intermediate Member

Default Please help! One user (only) stuck at "Loading..."

I am in desperate need of some assistance. I am running Zimbra 5 (unfortunately it is still a beta version as my OS is now unsupported and have not had the time yet to upgrade it). My user can log into the web client just fine, but another user gets stuck at the "Loading..." badge screen just before the Inbox page would normally come up. Does this in multiple OSs and browsers so I am nearly 100% positive this is a server side issue.

I don't see any errors in jetty or ~zimbra/log that applies. Perhaps there are some other places I can look to help shed some light on what might be going on? This is my spouse's account and she is hard at work on finishing her PHD and not being able to log into mail is a major crisis for her. Any help anyone can lend is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

mmorse is offline Moderator

Can you use the HTML-client? Mobile-client? IMAP?

Which beta version? Run zmcontrol -v (Believe it was RC1 that you shouldn't do IMAP on [SOLVED] Major Zimbra+ Thunderbird Problem & Bug 21117 - IMAP move causes corruption)

Anything in firebug/if you attempt in dev modes? Web Client URL Tricks - Zimbra :: Wiki

Branching out as far as possible - kinda newer, but maintenance account status by chance? Bug 24411 - Client is stuck on splash screen while mbox is in maintenance mode
    If you can tail the logs we might see if there's a multi-part mime message it's getting caught on or something that might get solved by re-indexing.

Need some kinda error message to work from
    Last edited by mmorse; 02-09-2008 at 09:30 AM.

Here is my version
    Release 5.0.0_RC1_1538.FC5_20071003004421 FC5 FOSS edition

IMAP is working fine.
    Basic HTML client works fine.
    iPhone Safari Web Client works fine.
    Advanced AJAX version - not working

I understand that RC1 is very old but Zimbra really should not have released a beta version on FC5 if they were not going to release a GA version for that OS. Like I said, I have not had time to build a new OS and migrate the mail server to it yet, so for now I am stuck at RC1.

As far as errors go, I have looked at many zimbra log files and do not see any errors.

I will load firebug and get that information to you shortly. Thanks for the prompt reply. With your help I am confident that we can solve this today (which would really be great).

Default More...

The only error I see is in the console for firebug (the js console) and the error is:

unterminated string literal
    Zimbra Collaboration Suite Log In
    Line 1399

(I changed the link to xx.xx.xx to protect my site)

Line 1399 of the JS is empty. Everything just above that looks fine. Line 1400 seems to be what it is actually complaining about which contains:

var batchInfoResponse = {"Body":{"BatchResponse":{"GetInfoResponse":[{"accessed":

........ I cut it here because it has tons of stuff that shouldn't be posted openly on the web in it. Basically a VERY long line defining a bunch of stuff. Does this help? I am not looking in the right place in firebug?

Again, thanks for being patient and for the help.

EnriqueI is offline Special Member

I have noticed this on occassion with the webclient as well. Happens both in firefox and explorer... seems to happen more often if you are logged in via imapi.

Clearing authenticated sessions and cache in the browser does the trick for me... again, this only happens rarely.

bsneddon is offline Junior Member

Do you have IM functionality enabled? I ran into a problem much like this when I was experimenting with the IM functionality. As soon as I disabled the IM feature for the account using the Administrator Console I was able to log in successfully.

EnriqueI is offline Special Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsneddon View Post
    Do you have IM functionality enabled? I ran into a problem much like this when I was experimenting with the IM functionality. As soon as I disabled the IM feature for the account using the Administrator Console I was able to log in successfully.
    Yes I do. Personally, I don't find this to be a huge issue... since I can just clear the sessions and cookies and log in... so no biggie.

Thread Information