Thread: Issues with Web Client in 5.0.1

soxfan is offline Moderator

Default Issues with Web Client in 5.0.1

Last weekend I upgraded from 4.5.9 to 5.0.1. Prior to upgrading I did see some posts that suggested waiting until 5.0.2 was released, but I had already committed to the upgrade date so I went ahead. Honestly it hasn't been too bad at all, but I have received some complaints concerning some "oddities" with the web client. Rather than posting a bunch of threads, or opening a lot of new bugs I wanted to post a summary of the issues in hopes of getting some feedback to whether or not they are worthy of bugs; or perhaps some of them are intended changes. Here's the list:

1. Right-click --> Print not working in Drafts - Save message to Drafts; go to Drafts folder and right-click on Message. Print is an option, but it doesn't work. Selecting Print from the tool-bar does work (I'm pretty sure this is a bug).

2. Adding an attachment to a message forces auto-save to Drafts - Compose new message; add attachment. Message gets saved to Drafts, even if "Automatically save drafts of messages while you are composing" preference is turned off. (Not sure if this is the intended behavior or not.)

3. No right-click --> copy/cut option in HTML compose (IE only) - Personally I use Firefox, not IE; and I compose in text format, not HTML, but I am being told that prior to the upgrade when replying to a message you could select text, right-click and the selection for Cut/Copy were in the context menu. I have verified that this is not the case in 5.0.1 with IE.

4. Screen resolutions lower than 1024x768 - I realize that the minimum supported resolution has always been 1024x768. However, prior to upgrading to 5.0.1 lower resolutions mostly worked. Now with 5.0.1 there is information that gets cutoff on the right-hand side of the screen with no way of scrolling over. Several people that have issues with the smaller text that comes with higher resolutions have complained to me about this one.

5. Double-space in Compose New Message (IE only) - Bug 3264 seems to be fixed in version 5.0.1. However, when you reply to one of these messages it now appears that there are three spaces between the "paragraphs".

That's all I've gotten so far, but there may be more to come.

So, no bites on this at all? I did see one message related to point 4 (minimum supported resolution), but that's about it. Anyone know if any of these "issues" are addressed in 5.0.2? I'm probably looking to upgrade over this coming weekend.

TIA,
    John

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quick answer to point 1) - it works in 5.0.2 and point 2) - Bug 22797 - mail autosaved as draft even when autosave is disabled in the preferences Haven't tried the rest yet.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks Phoenix. I did try searching Bugzilla prior to posting, but came up empty. None of these are earth-shattering issues, in my opinion at least. I'll wait until after I upgrade to 5.0.2, and then create bugs if I still see the issues.

Thread Information